Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Allow more than one slice to send to the same DAX stream

David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
I run multiple, simultaneous digital decoding on my 6600M.  I set different slices to different frequencies.  I use VAC to combine the streams into one, all of which are fed to a single instance of the decoding software.  I have to do it this way because SSDR and/or DAX will not allow more than one slice to be set to the same DAX stream.

It would be nice if that limitation was removed, allowing multiple audio streams to go to the same DAX stream.  This would remove the need for VAC and the associated audio lag (albeit very, very small).

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    My first thought is the possible interference and resulting signal degradation that the audio from one slice might have on the others.  Like putting 4 slices on different frequencies of a pile-up and listening to all of them at the same time.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Is running multiple instances of the decoding software not possible or just not desirable?
    Which software is that?
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like what you want is for flex to incorporate VAC software into their SSDR software - since VAC already exists, what would be the benefit of such an exercise? (Not trying to be snarky, but it seems a non-trivial effort that would only recreate something that already exists.)
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Tim - you'd be surprised.  Like I said, I do this with VAC and it works fine.

Danny - running multiple instances is not desirable, but is certainly possible.

Ken -  I think DAX already is virtual audio cable-like functionality.  I was just suggesting that it be taken one step further, simply to reduce the third party tools required to accomplish what I want.  Less interconnected stuff = less possible problems.  You comment did not come across as snarky.

73 - David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.