Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink access details for my client app

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR API
I've been writing my own client app for the Flex Radio for quite some time.  I'm fairly close to completion but have a few more features I want to put in.

Then along comes SmartLink and 2.x...  

I would like to have my app be able to feature the SmartLink login/remote access.  Is there a process to support this?

Do I have to sign up for something, sign an NDA?, download a special API?

I hope to make this client available to people for a very low price.  One feature it will support is both Windows, Mac and Linux (at least that is the plan).

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I was told that FlexAPI SmartLink information is forthcoming. We just need to patiently wait. 73
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    The 2.0 API package is available from the web site
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/flexlib_api_v2-0-17-zip/
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    This SDK supports Flex 2.0 LAN (direct) connectivity but does not contain sufficient information or code to support SmartLink connectivity at this time.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Contact devhelp@flexradio.com for assistance.
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    There are three new wan*.cs files in the  FlexLib_API_v2.0.17 package that clearly relate to SmartLink interface but I can't extract sufficient information from the code alone to work out how to drive it. I understand that a white paper on the matter is WIP.

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello,

now I have the same question. Do I have to contact devhelp@flexradio.com for assistance?
    I need documentation about the following use case:

1- Discover and connect a rig over WAN via SmartLink;
    2- Properly handle connection fault and related disconnection/reconnection of the client
    3- Properly handle a busy rig over WAN via SmartLink.

Thank you very much
    Enzo

P.S.: I signed up again to the FlexADP Program. Other times I did it but, after that, nothing happened. How should I go on?
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Mark, What's the status of your app?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    SmartLink is supported in version 2 of FRStack. If you do not have version 2 visit http://mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    Yes, send a note to devhelp@flexradio.com for details on SmartLink integration.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.