Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro with Smartlink

Tim VE6SH
Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have upgraded my Maestro and 6600 to the latest version and am now having issues connecting to the radio. The Maestro finds the 6600 and connects but I only get the screen shown below. I thought maybe this was a internet issue, but even the low BW setting has the same result. I have high speed cable at the radio end with 83 down and 14 up with no buffer bloat (although this is not always the case during peak periods). I checked it again this morning when my dslreport showed excellent results. Any ideas? I seem to recall this was an issue some months back, but I cannot find the thread. Tim VE6SH image

Answers

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
  • CharlieW
    CharlieW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I am getting the same display that Tom received in his photo above on my Maestro. Any suggestions on how to correct this. Charlie W3DDF
  • John Langdon
    John Langdon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    If using SmartLink, check the setup and test button for a green result. When I upgraded to SmartSDR 3, it 'overwrote" the port numbers, and I had to reset them before it would connect and stream the UDP data. This did not happen with a local PC, just via SmartLink.   73 John N5CQ

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Charlie

I sent you an email, but that was my issue as well. I had to manually forward the ports on my router.

Tim VE6SH
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I am told by a new 3.0 user that he can now set the MTU (Maximum transmit unit). Setting it to 1000 has allowed his Maestro to connect remotely where it would not before. YEA Flex!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Tim

It was great to have a face to face last weekend.  We also got some pretty good skiing in.

It does sound like you got this sorted out?  If not, let me know.

Since a manual forward seemed to work, see what the uPNP entries are in the router and see which device they point to.  It might be interesting.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with a customer today and no matter what we did, the uPNP  ports could not be created by the radio.  It was very strange.

Mike
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Great to see you in Calgary Mike. I did get this sorted thanks. See you in Dayton. 73 Tim VE6SH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.