Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FHM-2

Neil   N4FN
Neil N4FN Member
Amazing and awesome is the best description of my new 6400, and learning what I could absorb from my friend Chuck AE4CW. Found out two things the FHM-2 mic that came with the 6400 will not fit the Maestro (pity) so I ordered the other cable. Since it is an RJ-45 connector I wonder if I can use an Ethernet cable temporarily till the new coil cord arrives? The other item is the Flex control knob is a handy thing to have since I will use the Maestro in a remote situation, I ordered that as well.
Neil   N4FN

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    yes u can, but i seem to remember my FHM-2 mic when used on my maestro having some sort of hum, a steady noise when not speaking. This was un related to using an Ethernet cable temporally like you want to. FHM-1 worked fine.
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Many thanks Larry...I appreciate the speedy reply to the new guy
    Neil
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    According to AE4CW who was helping me with the test, there was a hum when using an Ethernet cable so I gave up on that idea. I ordered the proper cable with a modular connector
    Neil
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The hum isn't from the Ethernet cable it is from the fhm-2 itself like I said in my previous post, that mic will hum on the maestro with the proper cord also. If you have a fhm-1 it will work fine, me and others noticed the same thing.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-with-flex-fhm-2-mic-rj45-conn

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-mic-1-noise
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hmmmm (sorry :) ..

The hum on your FHM2 is not normal.  Is that with the AC power supply it was shipped with?  I have both a Maestro A and B and my FMH2 doesn't hum on either.

Mike

• Dale - K4DG
    Dale - K4DG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Neil: What tune was it humming? Maybe the “Rambling Wreck”? Enjoy your new toy . Hope to hear you on the air. 73, Dale - K4DG
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi Dale,
    I hope you and Deborah are all well. No self-respecting First Class FLEX would EVER be allowed to hum a rambling wreck tune. Go DAWGS...
    Neil

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.