Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dual instances of JTalert

AH0U
AH0U Member
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have two instances of WSJT-X running on my 6700 under V.2 Smart SD but cant get JTalert to work... does anyone have this set up who can share screen shots???

Tnx, bc

Answers

• John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not sure it will tell you much but here is a screenshot.

• KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    This should get you going. You can run one for every band with that 6700 :)
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/multiple-wsjt-x
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hadn't seen that thread.  I was just double clicking to get JTAlert started on each instance.  Will have to try those auto-start parameters.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited February 2018
    What I was looking for was how you set up to get to this point...I have two WSJT and to get the second running, I must first open the second instance then click on the JTalert again...I can not make any changes in the second instance as the manage settings is greyed out so I cant get to the autostart... any idea??
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Maybe see if you can just get going manually first. 

I have one startup shortcut icon for each Slice of WSJT-X and only one startup icon for WSJT-X-JTAlert.

The way I get it to work is to get both instances of WSJT-X going first.  Then click on the WSJT-X-JTAlert shortcut and wait for it to startup. It should attach itself automatically to Slice 1. (it takes a few seconds) 

After that is working, I then click the same WSJT-Alert icon a second time and it starts up and automatically attaches itself to the second WSJTX slice.   

Here are screenshots of my WSJT-X startups. (right click on the WSJT-X shortcut icon, select properties). Note the text in the Target box for slice 1 is

C:WSJTwsjtxinwsjtx.exe --rig-name=Slice1  (you will have to point to wherever this file is on your machine, but just make sure that --rig-name=Slice1 is appended for slice 1 and that --rig-name=Slice2 is appended for slice 2) 

Slice1

Slice 2

And here is a screenshot of the WSJT-X-JTAlertX startup

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The trick is to make sure there are different UDP ports enabled in each instance of WSJT so JTALERT will recognize the. Different WSJT image
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited February 2018
    I have it running now... Tnx!! However the second instance does not allow access to the settings.... when I click on SETTINGS all but EXIT and one other... is this normal??? How do you set the parameters??
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Only the first instance is allowed to control settings. RTFM
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited February 2018
    I would if I could find one
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    To elaborate on what Howard said, make sure you shut down ALL instances of JTalert except the first one started before you make any changes to JTalert settings.

• Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Howard I'm not able to read you"re configuration on my screen. Could you send the
    copies to my email address rwb1636@gmail.com.

I can get two instances of wsjt-x running and the first on JTALERT the second give me an error message 

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
      UDP Port : 2237
      IP Address : 127.0.0.1
      Values read from WSJT-X config file...
        C:UsersBobAppDataLocalWSJT-XWSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...
      Process Window Title : WSJT-X - ig name=Flex2   v1.9.0-rc3   by K1JT
      Process Command Line : "C:WSJTwsjtxbinwsjtx.exe" "-rig name=Flex2"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Did you click on the image? Once it is expanded I can read it just fine.
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks  Jon just did that, just need to find the config or ini file will work on later this evening.
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Jon Found the ini files verified that each instance of WSJT-X is running with a different UDP port such as 2237 & 2239. I can not get the second instance of JT alert to work as it still comes up with an error saying that it looking for 127.0.0.1 and looks for 2237 instead of 2239.  The JTalert Ini does not show much except the path for exe file.
    Not sure what to try next.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.