Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro's audio level and compression software meters during CW go full scale.

DV
DV Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Have had the Maestro for about a week now.  Worked CW today on the local LAN and the new right hand side compression and level meters go nearly full scale when CW is sent (particularly the Dashes.) I can close the meters from the screen, but that just hides what is going on. Microphone control does not function in the CW mode, so I can't turn down the audio level I am seeing on the meter.

Is this normal for Maestro's CW?
K0DV

Answers

• Glenn Nutsey
    Glenn Nutsey Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi,
    I have jut posted a similar question with the same issues.
    Did you find the answer ?
    Thanks
    Glenn
    M1AQO
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    What version of software are you using?  This question is for both Doug and Glenn.
  • Glenn Nutsey
    Glenn Nutsey Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi Tim version 2.0.19, I was using 2.1.30 but it was locking up.
    Thanks
    Glenn
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    Please try 2.1.32 and see if you have the same meter behavior.  If so and you need to revert back to 2.0.19, then go ahead and do that.
  • Glenn Nutsey
    Glenn Nutsey Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Tim In my post I also asked if there is an adjustment for the signal or a method to check if you’re overdriving ? Thanks Glenn
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    If the mic meter peak indicator shows red, you are overdriving it.
  • DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim, I am using version 2.0.19.  Since I am operating remote from 1600 miles from the Flex 6700, I don't think I should try an upgrade of the software on both ends. There is no one there to do a reset if that is required.

• DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Both the peak meter and the compression meters on the Maestro go into the red.  No matter what power setting I use.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    Mic level is not power dependent.  It is mic gain dependent
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    I can appreciate your reservations for not upgrading.  However, since the current release is 2.1.32, I an only entering defect reports for the current GA version.
  • Glenn Nutsey
    Glenn Nutsey Member
    edited February 2018
    Tim Not sure if your missing my point. I refer to CW when I asked if it’s possible to overdrive and transmit a distorted signal. How do you check and adjust it or does the software take care of it in order to produce a clean signal ?
  • DV
    DV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim, why should the mic gain impact the CW note?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    Glenn - I misunderstood the context of your question.  No, you cannot overdrive the radio when using CW.

Doug - It does not.
  • Glenn Nutsey
    Glenn Nutsey Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Tim, difficult with two strings going on one message haha...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.