Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M Startup

Mike KE4U
Mike KE4U Member
edited June 2018 in New Ideas

Provide 6400M Startup Options (may apply to other 'M' models)

Just some ideas to add flexibility to the 6400M startup and handoff from SmartSDR on an external device to the front panel local 6400M.

Here are some would-be-nice feature requests and testcases to illustrate current behaviour.

Feature Request #1  " Automated 6400M Standalone Startup with last used radio-resident SmartSDR version"

TEST CASES

Test Case I. - no PC resident SmartSDR

1. Setup
    1. Radio is off
    2. SmartSDR is unloaded
    3. PC is OFF
  2. Power up 6400M
    1. FlexRadio  Splash Screen displayed then
    2. Welcome Splash Screen displayed then
    3. FLEX6400 Splash displayed then
    4. Info   Connect   Smartlink Setup  Splash displayed
  3. Touch Connect
    1. Select a Version screen is displayed with resident versions:
      1. V2.1.32
      2. V2.1.30 and Up Arrow icon

Test Case II - PC resident SmartSDR

1. Setup
    1. Radio is off
    2. SmartSDR is running on PC
  2. Power up 6400M
    1. FlexRadio  Splash Screen displayed then
    2. Welcome Splash Screen displayed then
    3. FLEX6400 Splash displayed then
    4. 6400M starts in front panel mode
  3. MENU / Radio / HW Version: v2.1.32.104

Feature Request #2  - Handoff from PC SmartSDR to 6400M SmartSDR results in local front panel mode startup with last used radio-resident SmartSDR version

Test Case I

1. Setup
    1. Radio is on
    2. SmartSDR is running on PC
    3. 6400M is controlled through front panel
  2. Power up 6400M
    1. In SmartSDR (PC) select the local 6400M
    2. Click 'Disconnect User'
    3. Select and connect the local 6400M
    4. 6400M reports 'In Use'
    5. SmartSDR (PC) works as expected
  3. Terminate the PC instance of SmartSDR
    1. Info   Connect   Smartlink Setup  Splash displayed
    2. Touch Connect
      1. Select a Version screen is displayed with resident versions:
        1. V2.1.32
        2. V2.1.30 and Up Arrow icon

0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    I've noticed on my 6600M that it now, goes directly into the main display without pausing at the version chooser like it did the first few times I powered it up. My guess, is that the Persistence Database gets updated with what you continue to use, (selected version) that it skips that part and goes straight into the main screen. I realized this earlier today as I and others, have thought the external display issue might be firmware related. So, I was going to go back to the previous version of the radio's firmware and see if the problem I encountered with the external display existed in the previous version of the software. But, now I cannot get to that screen. It goes straight to the latest version with no pause to select anything else.
    james

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Maybe the radio read page 27 of the manual and learned from it how it was suposed to behave
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    Could be!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.