Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Installation problem

Mark K5XH
Mark K5XH Member ✭✭

Got my new 6600 yesterday! Had it all hooked up within about 30 minutes of getting home last night. But I am one of the unfortunate ones whose installation of the software did not go smoothly. I think it might be my problem however. I was running my F5K in W10 Pro up until just before the RTTY roundup this January. I was having some issues with the computer (old i7 w/12G w/W10) so I put in a new WD drive and a fresh copy of W7 Pro 64. But the W7 is an old copy I had laying around that I never used - like from ten years ago.

The install last night showed an error that said Windows required signed drivers but allowed the install to continue. After it completed the radio worked fine except the DAX did not. I got an error that was titled "DAX Driver Error".

I found this thread on the web site this morning:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/problems-with-dax-drivers-unsigned-certificates

Looks like this is probably the cause of my dilemma. New gadget - old OS.

Question: If I buy a copy of W7 Pro 64 SP1 for Amazon and install it on my computer will it solve my problem? From reading the information in the link it looks like even SP1 requires a ton of updates. Wonder how long that takes?

Comments

• Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    No, a new copy of Win 7 won't solve your problem. You need to do the updates, all of them, to assure that you get the latest security certificates. The amount of time to do the updates will depend on your internet speed, but with a fresh copy, count on it taking a good while. Personally, I would have installed the latest iteration of Windows 10 since is close to fully updated, but others don't like 10. Unfortunately we are all Win 10 beta testers!
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Go through the Flex procedure to **** off DAX. Do all the Windows OS updates and then reinstall the DAX.

Lots of Windows 7 users out there.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    You need to have the most up to date root certificates installed

This issue is covered in the HelpDesk
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001862026-Resolving-Unsigned-Driver-Errors-when-...
  • Mark K5XH
    Mark K5XH Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Tim!
  • W4TMW
    W4TMW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    After a 1 1/2 weeks of trying to get N1MM+ (Spectrum Display) to work, I noticed your posting here. My "Updated KB files" list does not contain either kb3004394 or kb3024777. However, it did contain kb971033 so I deleted it per your other posting about how it blocks DAX updates. However, after downloading kb3024777 ( a .exe file) it doesn't seem to be installing when I click on the .exe file. I'm running a 6600 ( Win7 Pro SP3) and the rest of the n1mm+ seems to work fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.