Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2.0 for those connecting their radios directly to the computer...

Matt-KD5FGE
Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
If you have your radio connected directly to your computer and want to set up v2.0 you will need to pass through the internet from your Wifi to your ethernet. This is actually a fairly simple process. Follow these instructions:

Share Your Internet Connection between Laptop and Radio via ethernet cable. 
(Share via ethernet cable using Connection Bridge) 

Your computer have internet access from wifi and you need to share the internet to another computer using ethernet cable. We can do this with using Network Bridge. You can know more details about Network Bridger from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridging_(networking). 
Just follow the below three steps

Step1: Connect with wifi netwok Connect your Laptop with wifi network.

Step2: Create connection bridgeIn Laptop, Goto Adapter Settings (Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change adapter settings) 

Select Local Area Connection and Wireless Network Connection and right click and choose "Add to Bridge"
Step3: Connect ethernet cableNow connect Laptop and Radio via ethernet cable. 
Now you can access the internet in Radio from Laptop A.

Step4: Reboot radio and computer

Comments

• mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I assume that once this is done and you have registered you can disable the bridge connection.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes, you can disconnect the Internet after registration unless you want to use SmartLink for remote operation.
  • Pat WW9R
    Pat WW9R Member
    edited July 2017
    Thank you for the instructions.  For those of us that connect our desktop computers to our routers via CAT 5 cable, how will your instructions differ?  I was connecting my 6300 to my home network with an ethernet cable, just as I do my computer.  They both plug into a hub and a single cable runs back to my router.

Pat WW9R
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    If the radio and PC are both hard wired to a switcxh, then the switch is connected to the router you do not need to bridge any connections. Dave wo2x
  • Doug g4ovr
    Doug g4ovr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Windows 8a pc-6500 Ethernet Cable, PC to router WIFI.
    Have completed to step 2 but after change adapter it shows Bluetooth/Ethernet/WiFi right click on WiFi shows "to create a network bridge you must select two LAN or high speed internet connections that are not being used by internet sharing" now I am lost.
    Doug G4OVR
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    That is the preferred network configuration
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Unfortunately, your PC hardware configuration will not support bridging.
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I have a dual nic motherboard.  At present my 6500 is connected directly to the PC.  If I understand correctly, prior to install of V2 I should re-route from 6500 to router.
    Is this correct?
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017
    Minus the Hub of course but I'm sure he meant Switch. :)
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi,

I, like, others upgraded to V2 yesterday. I wanted to download
    it and upgrade in the worst way, and guess what, I DID.
    Being the usual ham, who needs manuals. First off, I was not
    connected to a LAN. Took a while to figure out that could be
    a problem. Then I tried to set up an account. Mike, at Flex,
    figured I skipped a few steps (FEW?) and suggested I watch
    the set-up video. Wow, was he right. Followed the video and
    set up the account. Smooth as could be.
    Bottom line, the team at Flex were tripping over each other
    to help me. And my problems were self induced. I cannot say
    enough for the support from Flex. Thanks for all the help
    and next time, maybe I will pay closer attention to the
    instructions. Thanks to all the people at Flex and Mike, in
    sales. He could have easily said that was not his department,
    but did not and was great helping me get back on the right
    path. This speaks volumes for the great team at Flex Radio.
    Doesn't say much for me following directions, though.

73, Jim N9VC

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2017
    That is the preferred connection, PC and radio both connected to the router, either direct of via an Ethernet switch. That way the PC and radio will get an IP from your DHCP server in your router which will allow connecting to the Internet. This connection is supported by Flex Radio.

The direct PC to radio connection uses IPs in the 169.254.x.x range which will not allow routing to the Internet.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.