Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6000 Comparison Table

Rick  WN2C
Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Why hasn't the FLEX-6000 Comparison Table been updated to include the 6400, 6400M, 6600 and 6600M. I would really like to see the difference(s) in feature between the models. I know the 6300 does not have bandpass filter and the 6400 and 6600 does (3rd order, 7th order) but what other differences are there? I am more interested in the differences between the 6300 and 6400M as I have pre-ordered and thinking I should go for the 6600M.

Answers

• Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Click on the 'Compare' TAB on this page below the picture and the text

http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/flex-6600/

• Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes it lists the 6400, 6600 series but not the 6300, 6500 or the 6700. I was looking for one page that lists them all since Flex will be selling refurbed 6300s and 6500s.
  • Rod KI7CQ
    Rod KI7CQ Member
    edited July 2017
    I have reserved a 6400 and I can tell you the differences as I know them.

The 6400 has 3rd order preselectors, more connections on the back, and digital works right out of the box.  Meaning, it does not require an external soundcard or box as most radios do now when digital modes are run.  Also, the 6400 requires a computer to run, because it acts like a server.  The 6400M has the Maestro controls and touchscreen on the front (non-removable) and therefore doesn't require a computer to run.

Those are the differences I know between the 6300 and the 6400.  There may be a couple more.

Rod KI7CQ
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    What's different about the 6400 vs the 6300, that the 6400 "works out of the box for digital modes"? I thought all of the SmartSDR radios worked "digital out of the box", due to the DAX application.
  • Rod KI7CQ
    Rod KI7CQ Member
    edited November 2018
    The 6400 doesn't require an external soundcard or external box.

I'm just telling you what the brochure said.

Rod

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    True, but your previous post can be misleading to some folks. All SmartSDR capable radios are "digital already out of the box". The 6400 is no different from the 6300, or the 6500 & 6700 for that matter, as far is digital modes are concerned. They all use DAX.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    All FLEX-6000 Series radios work digital out of the box with DAX.  There is no difference in this area between any model in the family.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hey Gerald, didn't you have the weekend off?
  • Rod KI7CQ
    Rod KI7CQ Member
    edited July 2017
    Okay, thank you.

Rod

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Nope. ;>}
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Wondering if there is a table comparing all FlexRadio Systems models from the SDR-1000 to the latest? 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    So Gerald what do you say, can we get an updated comparison chart of all 6000 series on one chart before the release of the 6400 / 6600?
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Oftentimes, manufactures do not want to look backwards and compare their discontinued models to their current product line. I mean, how far back would they go, all the way to the 5000 stuff? You see the dilemma. I would not expect Flex to go back to their discontinued models, but instead lean forward to what's next. Can't hardly wait for my 6600M!
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Great points. I think Gerald said at Xenia that the new models are using improved tecnologies to yield better radios, and at lower costs. I trust that someone of the ilk of a Rob Sherwood and Adam Farson will sort out the performance nuances and deltas for the new models vs/ the old ones, but not until sometime after they are released. I doubt we will see a lot of detailed specs until they are closer to actually shipping, as I suspect things along these lines are still currently a bit fluid. For my money, I really like the idea of not needing to mandatorily having to use an external PC, so long as the performance specs are as good as the models they are replacing, so it's all good. To the degree Rob and Adam find that the new models are even better than the previous models they are replacing, well that's icing on the cake!

IMHO, JM2C, and YMMV!

Br,

Larry

WA7LZO
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    So Gerald what do you say, can we get an updated comparison chart of all 6000 series on one chart before the release of the 6400 / 6600?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    We'll work on it, but we have other more pressing things on our "to-do" list at the moment, like building the new radios and finalizing SmartSDR v2.0
  • HamRadioVlog
    HamRadioVlog Member ✭✭

Still waiting for the updated comparison to include 6300 & 6500

• BrianB
    BrianB Member
    [{"insert":"Still waiting. \n"}]
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2022

Given the time that has passed, I don't think it will happen. I went to try to find the original document but no joy.

However, I am happy to answer any questions regarding the models if you wish.

Essentially, they look like this:

FLEX-6300 - 1 SCU, 2 slices no bandpass filter and the ATU is optional

FLEX-6500 - 1 SCU, 4 slices, 30 db band pass filters and ATU is included

FLEX-6700 - 2 SCUs, 8 slices, 30 db band pass filters, ATU and 2M coverage at 5mw

Just about everything else is the same.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.