Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Congratulations to the 2017 Hall of Fame Inductee - Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR

Lee - N2LEE
Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Amateur Radio Interests
In all of the hoopla regarding SSDR 2.0 and new hardware, no one noticed that Gerald was inducted into the CQ Magazine Hall of Fame.

CQ
 magazine has announced the induction of new members to the CQ DX Hall of Fame, the CQ Contest Hall of Fame, and the CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame nominees are traditionally announced each spring in conjunction with Hamvention®.

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR: Pioneer of software defined radio (SDR) and founder of FlexRadio.

The CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame gained 18 new members for 2017, bringing the total number of members inducted since the hall’s establishment in 2001 to 310. The CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame honors individuals, whether Amateur Radio licensees or not, who have made significant contributions to Amateur Radio, and radio amateurs who have made significant contributions either to Amateur Radio, to their professionals, or “to some other aspect of life on our planet,” the CQ announcement said.

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Bravo! If anyone belongs there, it is Gerald.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No one better deserving of the honor. Congratulations, Gerald!
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited February 2018
    Fantastic Gerald! Congratulations. Very well deserved honor.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Gerald for all you have done and are doing!! Congratulations, wish you all the best!! Joe WD5Y
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Congrats Gerald and well deserved!
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Congrats Gerald! You deserve it.
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Well done Gerald - well deserved recognition 73 gw0gei /gw9j
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I think the whole Flex Team should be nominated, Gerald pioneered the SDR usage wth his articles and the 3 I stack. Many people helped develop Powersdr and  I cannot imagine how successful I would have been using Flex products without the customer satisfaction guys and the great software engineers.

Well deserved Gerald but other team members also deserve some love!

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Very happy to see you receive this much deserved recognition Gerald.
    Your curiosity and vision started a revolution in our world.
    Thank you.
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Congratulations Gerald! Very well deserved. Thank you for your efforts and your consideration to your customers.

Vy 73 - Gary W4EEY
  • Dan Zimmerman
    Dan Zimmerman Member
    edited May 2017
    Agree.....I'd bet that  there were several hands besides Gerald's.
  • Alan Cerniglia
    edited November 2017
    Congrats Gerald !  Thanks for pushing the SDR Technology Fast  Forward ....

73 ...  KB5CUS  ....
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Congrats from here also Gerald,
    We will probably  never know how much work you have put into the Flex Development.
    And for me, it has put so much FUN into Ham Radio.

73's Ken  W9IE
  •   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Congrats indeed Gerald.. on the furthering of SDR technology, building & running a successful company and on a personal note, providing hundreds of hours of memorable shack time. Some of the best I've ever had. Thank you Sir...
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Well done! Continuously helping to advance and evolve technology used in Amateur Radio.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Congrats Gerald, thanks redefining Ham Radio!

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Congratulations Gerald - a well deserved honor & recognition!

Steve K9ZW

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Well done, Gerald! It was so nice to meet him at the flex event and hamvention.
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    It takes a very insightful and talented person to pioneer a concept and turn it into a practical application.  Gerald, you have done that and my heartiest congratulations to you.  You also surrounded yourself with very talented and dedicated professionals which has resulted in creating one of the finest companies  in the industry.  The high honor of being placed in the Hall of Fame is so well deserved.

I wish you and the entire Flex team all the very best for continued success.

Bob, KN4HH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.