Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Graphics display problem with Flex 3000

I am posting for my friend, HL1BX, who bought a used Flex 3000.  His Flex 3000 splash screen and main work desktop is not displaying correctly.  His computer is Windows 7 with a Geforce 210 graphics card.  The Flex software was updated to the newest available on the Flex website. We tried changing the desktop display size (it's defaulted at 1920x1080, which is native for his monitor), and that did nothing to affect the problem. 

As you can see, the main desktop is trimmed-off at the far right side.  Otherwise, his Flex works fine.  He just cannot see the full right side of the screen.  See photos:

The right side is cut off.  It happens no matter if the window is small, or full-screen:

Splash screen problem.  Note how it isn't displaying the splash screen properly:

Comments

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    This is not a flex issue, bur rather the monitor or graphics card used. It probably does not have the correct screen size or the graphic card settings cannot produce the correct size. You can try another monitor with the current graphics card or change the graphics card. Its easier to borrow another monitor for a quick test and if that does not help, then get another card
  • WN1X
    WN1X Member
    edited May 2017
    The 210 can certainly work at 1920x1080. I would checki for newer graphics drivers.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    That too, I agree
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
  • 피코너 데릭
    edited May 2017
    Hi all, Thanks for the suggestions. The screen size and sizing of resolution are correct, for the monitor and graphics card. That was the first thing I checked, along with seeing if any other resolutions made a difference. They did not. The DPI is something I need to check into. I will try that, next time I visit his house, along with any other suggestions that may be made. Cheers!
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    As a temp measure, you can resize the flex software window to fit  the screen, but there is a limit before you lose some of the graphics.
  • 피코너 데릭
    edited May 2017
    Sorry, I have sized the window to full screen, and it is exactly the same problem. Same with smaller window sizes.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    What I meant was resize the flex software window, so that you can see the whole window, If you click on the edge of the sofware window, you can drag it to make it smaller and then you should see everything.
  • 피코너 데릭
    edited May 2017
    That was the very first thing I tried.  The problem remains, and the edge is cropped, no matter what the size of the Flex window.  Also, as you saw, the spash screen is not correct, which indicates a global settings issue with the program, or in Windows, which is affecting the Flex software display.  Hoping to get there this weekend, and try the font size change.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    If the DPI setting don't wok, then check if the monitor has a menu button either underneath or around the back. This allows you to change the monitor setting such as brightness and so on.
    Last resort is another monitor or video card But try first before you buy.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Was PowerSDR 2.7 the last version of PowerSDR installed on your machine, or might one of the many other versions/modifications have had the adverse effect? 73 Steve K9ZW
  • 피코너 데릭
    edited May 2017
    This has just jumped in the level of frustration. He installed the latest software from the Flex website onto a different computer, borrowed from a friend, and it has the same problem. Exactly as in the pics I originally posted. So, basically, this has to be some kind of Flex issue. We are in Korea -- could there be some issue between Korean Windows and Flex?
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I suppose the next question must be where was the computer made ? Is it a korean made brand or is it perhaps chinese ? You mentioned korean windows ? is this your country's own version? If it is then yes, this could be an issue
    Another question is, whats is your mains voltage and frequency as this too can reduce or increase the screen size. Some countries run 120v and others up to 240v. Check the voltage selector on the power supply if it is adjustable
  • 피코너 데릭
    edited May 2017
    First computer is a Dell desktop with firewire.  Second is a Toshiba laptop, with firewire.
  • WN1X
    WN1X Member
    edited May 2017
    And both have the same graphics card? As I suggested earlier, I would check to see if newer graphics card drivers are available.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    Check the DPI settings as indicated using the link I sent above.
  • 피코너 데릭
    edited May 2017
    I was given some wrong information. My senior friend has not actually tried it on the second computer yet. He also has, apparently, not correctly implemented the DPI change. We're trying to arrange a time when we can get together and I can look at it again. Thanks.
  • Jim Johnson
    Jim Johnson Member
    edited April 2019
    I had this problem with a new installation and the problem was the Font Size.  I had increased the font size to 125% to help these old eyes!  I set the font size back to 100% and then readjusted the actual monitor resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 900 and bingo the program was displaying properly and I still had some relief for my eyes. 

Thanks Tim for point me toward the solution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.