Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which directory do I install Flexlib in?

Gust2
Gust2 Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi everyone,
I have my Flex but 2 weeks and I'm madly in love with it! :-)
I downloaded 2 utilities from K9DUR this morning which need Flexlib to get them working.

I downloaded Flexlib but now have no clue in which FlexRadio directory I have to put the Flexlib content in.

Your input would be most welcome.
Using SSDR for Windows on the 6300.

Thank you
73, good DX
Gust ON6KE

Answers

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Gust...

Flexlib is usually compiled into a program and not needed as a separate add-on to make a program work. I've never run any of K9DUR's utilities but I'll check them out if you like me know which ones you are trying.

Kev K4VD

• Gust2
    Gust2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hi Kevin,
    thanks for your mail. I downloaded SDRMonitor and MorseKeyer6K.

In the K9DUR user guides Flexlib is mentioned a prerequisite.
    It's funny that I have a Flexlib.dll etc. sitting there in SmartSDR v1.10.16 but both SDRMonitor and MorseKeyer6K can't find the 6300 so I'm stuck at the Connect button of these 2 apps.

Gust ON6KE

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Got it...

The dll files are already installed. I couldn't get to the Flex when I first started up. I had to enable MorseKeyer6K in the windows firewall.

Oddly, I had to delete the MorseKeyer6K entry from the firewall, restart MorseKeyer6K and then select both public and private in the firewall dialog that comes up.

Once I did that, the radio showed up in the chooser and I was able to get into the program.

Kevimage
  • Gust2
    Gust2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Did what you did here on the 2 apps Kev but I'm still stuck, weird it is.
    Guess I'll have to send a little mail to K9DUR.

I'm using CWTYPE for the moment, which accepts calls and names, something CW-X on its own can't do just now.

Thanks for your time Kev.

73, good DX
    Gust ON6KE

• Gust2
    Gust2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hi Kev,
    don't ask me why but after having booted my PC this morning and something telling me to give the 2 apps another try, I found that all of a sudden MorseKeyer6K found my 6300.

I had no questions raised by the firewall, all I can say is that it works. SDRMonitor on the other hand doesn't.

So I still have to write a little mail to K9DUR.

Talk later Kev.
    73, good DX
    Gust ON6KE

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    When all else fails, reboot. :) Glad you are making progress.

Kev

• Gust2
    Gust2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    You're right there! I have Flex Meter v1.1 in the air now replacing SDRMonitor. It works quite nicely and gives also more info.

So all's well here.  :-)
    Gust ON6KE
  • Manuel - W4SSB
    edited June 2020
    Where do you get Flex Meter?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Flex Meter downloads at ...

https://wiki.sdrgadgets.com/index.php/FlexMeter

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.