Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microphone Profile Chages

Jose B Rivera
Jose B Rivera Member ✭✭
I want the DefaultPR781 to be my Microphone Profile.  So I pick it. I then go to Profile Manager and click on the Transmit Tab to save my transmit settings along with this microphone profile.

I name the new transmit profile Default2 and save it. At this point the Transmit Profile picked on the RF panel to the right says Default2 and my Microphone Profile says DefaultPR781. I then go to the Global Tab of the Profile Manager type in a new profile name called Default2. I save it. I then look at my microphone profile and instead of reading "DefaultPR781" it reads Default2.  I don't understand this. Why does it still not read DefaultPR781?  It's confusing. I don't understand what is happening in this situation. 

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Jose

Other than the mic profile name "Default2" is there any difference between the Default2 and the DefaultPR781 profiles? I'm not sure what's causing the name change, might be a persistence issue. 

If you reload the Default2 Global profile again, does it still load the Default2 mic profile? I've sometimes had to save, and then reload the global profiles to verify what's actually being selected.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The instructions are in the Flex Manual. However, it goes like this.
    After the radio is on, go to Profile - Save Mic Profile - have your EQ settings for your Mic ready on the drop menu ProfilManager - go to Microphone - Insert your new mike Name Pr781 ... Load it and them Save it...
    That's it!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jose

Additionally:

Global profiles store the selected Transmit and Mic profiles.

Transmit Profiles don't store Mic profiles. They are associated with Antenna selections.

Mic profiles store and are also triggered by the mode in the active TX slice.

If you had more than one slice open when you were saving the profiles, maybe the active Transmit slice got switched to another slice that had a different mode or Antenna selected at the moment you saved it. 

If that happened Persistence would switch the mic profile name when it saw the active slice switch.

I've saved several multi-slice but single panadapter global profiles, and sometimes have to delete the last save and try again, due to persistence getting in the way. 

Persistence keeps track of what mic profile gets selected when the mode changes.

So sometimes it's a combination of stored profile settings and persistence, that determines the end result.

When it doesn't work delete whatever you just tried to save and try again. And always try to avoid having persistence store mistakes, to clear the stored persistence values you have to perform a factory reset, or play around until you "accidentally" stumble onto something that corrects the persistence mistake.

Persistence can be a blessing or a curse at times. 

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jose B Rivera
    Jose B Rivera Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi Ernest, I think you are describing know how to create a mic profile. But I can do that. My confusion came when a Global profile changed the mic profile.  I am getting confused as to how profiles work with each other. And how clicking on a Global profile gives me results I did not expect. 

All I want to do is have a SSB Profile with the mic of my choosing and Digital Profiles for those modes. I have the digital profile down pretty good (though I still have to click on the DAX which exists outside SmartSdr).

But I have to figure out the SSB profile so I can then move from band to band without the mic profile changing on me.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In later versions of software beyond 1.6, the Mic Profile is linked to the Mose, not the Transmit profile. Whatever Mic Profile you last used is linked whenever you go back to that mode. Except...when you save a new transmit Profile, it also saves a copy of whatever Mic Profile you are using, but saves it under the same name as the Transmit Profile you just saved. If you don't want the new Mic Profile, delete it. Then use your favorite Profile. When you come back to that mode, the last Mic Profile you used with that mode should be remembered.
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ken, if saving a Transmit Profile saves the current Mic Profile does it also reload that Mic Profile when you load that Transmit Profile?  That may be part of the confusion.  I'm going to reread the manual yet again and draw myself a profile tree!  Has anyone already done that?  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.