Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has anyone configured a USB cable to work with 1.10.8 and a Yaesu Quadra amp?

Jim Runge
Jim Runge Member ✭✭

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Jim,

Yes, I have. You can get the info at this link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20979885/Quadra%20to%20a%20Flex%206500.pdf

Jon...kf2e
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have not yet tried setting it up with a FTDI to BCD cable. Just the old fashioned way:)

Jon
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I would use an FTDI Bit cable from the back of the radio directly to the amp. Use this cable http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductD... . Set the cable in SmartSDR to HF BCD. Use wires 2, 3, 4, 5 to pins 4, 5, 6, 7 respectively on the Quadra (use the DB15 or the 8 pin DIN). That's it!

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Tester
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I will check it out.  Would rather not have to use DDutil.
    Thanks;
    Jim
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That is what I am lookinf for. Thanks; Jim
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The problem with this is you only get band data. You can't set drive levels like you can with DDUtil. It comes down to what is more important to you...operating with no computer or having more functionality.

Jon...kf2e
  • Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Understand Jon. Thanks. Jim
  • Jerry W4UK
    Jerry W4UK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

W4AX said: ..."Use wires 2, 3, 4, 5 to pins 4, 5, 6, 7 respectively on the Quadra (use the DB15"...

What are the colors of those wires (2. 3....) Looks like NOT the standard color codes.

Also, gnd is probably needed at pin 15 on the db-15. Which colored wire is gnd?

Jerry W4UK

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    2-Orange 3-yellow 4-green 5-brown Gnd-black. All this info is in the data sheet.
    http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/163/DS_C232HM_MPSSE_CABLE-10602.pdf

have fun!

Mack
    W4AX

• Jeff W7NEE
    Jeff W7NEE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am about to order this cable as well. I would prefer to use DDutil... however  am not finding a  Parallel PCI card that is Windows 10 compatible. The one that is currently in my computer worked great with XP and my Flex 5000... but it has no drivers available for Windows 10 64 bit. Does anyone know of a windows 10 compatible PCI card? I am running out of solutions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.