Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500: ERROR FPGA Fan Shutdown

Paul Tittensor
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm on holiday with my Flex 6500.  It worked fine at hom eyesterday but after a day in the car in its box it, when I power on it calibrates for a bit and then hangs with the message "Shutting Down. ERROR.  FPGA Fan Speed".  How do I get it working again?

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    open a trouble ticket..  this needs to go home to the mother ship.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You would be best to open a ticket with Flex on this one. I think it might need to be returned for service.
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Paul Tittensor
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the advice.  Tickets submitted.  73s  Paul
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Hi Paul,

I had to send my 6500 back to Flex for this same issue!  It was less than 6 months old at the time.  It seems there has been several of these fan issues/failures and I'm concerned about it.    

Cal/N3CAL

• N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Sent mine back twice, third time got a new radio. Great service regardless they stepped up and took care of the problem. I think they got bad batch of fans. Oh to be clear the 3rd was not for the fan, the RF desk had stopped working. Waiting on feedback on what went wrong.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Thanks.  We'll get you taken care of.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.