Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multiple instances of WJST-X running fine but now there is a logging problem.

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have multiple instances of WSJT-X installed and operating fine on my 6700. However, there is one problem in that each instance of the program logs its QSO data in separate Log Files (i.e. wsjtx Slice A.log and wsjtx SliceB.log). This really makes a nightmare of shuffling, editing, copying and deleting files. I may very well be missing something very simple in the setup of the multiple instances. Has any one else been able to fix this problem and make one common log file (wsjtx.log and wsjtx_log.adi in the original single instance setup)? I have not found much info on the internet on the logging problem. Looking for some help. 73 Al N4AB

Answers

• Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I think you can expect this problem to be unique to you. The program produces both the log AND an ADIF. Why not just periodically import the ADIF into your regular log from the two or three or four sources? Multiple programs writing to the same file is not usually workabke.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    JTAlertX allows automatic logging to DXLab DXKeeper, ACLog, Log4OM, HRD Log V5/6, Standard ADIF 2.2 file and MixW CSV file when QSO is logged in JT65-HF or WSJT-X.

It works very well with Log4OM,  & I keep its log file on my LAN,  when I am working remote I can access my Logbook without having to log to a different log file.

I have not tried JTAlertX  with multiple instances of WSJT-X, but it is a very nice tool to integrate with WSJT-X

The download link is http://hamapps.com/ 

By the way, Log4OM integrates well with Fldigi as well.

Hope you find it useful.
  • Bob - G4PDF
    Bob - G4PDF Member
    edited November 2016
    I use multiple instances of WSJT-X with a corresponding JTAlertX instance, plus instances of Digital Master 780 (DM780). The JTAlertX HRDLOG5/6 integration works without issue. Note each instance of DM780 will require a separate instance of HRD rig Control with a unique Port number on the IP server. e.g. 7809, 7810, etc. for each DM780 instance.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I use JTAlert-X automatic logging with my logging software ACLog 5.7. I have not tried more than one. A key point in the logging path is that a 73 is sent which triggers the automatic logging.

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for all the suggestions on my logging problem. But what I'm trying to avoid is another piece of software between the WSJT logs and my everyday Log. I have been using Logic (versions 4,5,6,7,8, and now 9) for my final radio Log for over 20 years now and have been happy with the way it works and with the support that Dennis at PDA has provided. I really do not want to change to another Log program plus add JTAlert to do the work that the WSJT (wsjtx.log and wsjtx_log.adi) log programs already does. When you open the WSJT-X program it builds the path to the log file in that instance (Slice A, Slice B, etc)of the program. Someone who helped write WSJT-X knows exactly where that piece of code resides and how to redirect the QSO data to a common log. Because you will not be transmitting on more than one slice at a time I can not envision any problem occuring with 2 or more Slice instances of WJST-X writing data to a common log. So until I find "that guy" (who wrote the code) I will just continue to download the seperate wsjtx_log.adi files to my Logic 9 LOG program. Thanks again for the info and suggestions. Al N4AB
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm doing the same thing, running two instances of WSJT-x and JTAlertX with no logging issues direct into Log4OM. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.