Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

frequency smartcat to ultrabeam

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
How to send Frequency from SmartCAT to Ultrabeam controller?

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    You can do it by setting up a standard CAT port in SmartSDR on your computer. You can find the procedure in the SmartSDR CAT Guide here http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-cat-user-guide-pdf/ . Page 15. Here is an excerpt: When in Advanced Mode, when selecting a FlexVSP com port, all available or free com ports will be shown. This list is extensive since Windows can define up to 265 com ports. Figure 9 Serial Existing Port Configuration When choosing an Existing Serial Port, the CAT COM specifies an existing COM port already present on the system. This is ideal for interfacing to hardware ports that speak the CAT language natively. Or as you may have seen in Steve Hick's last FlexRadio Insider article there are plans to integrate CAT and other features directly from the radio. That may make it into the next software release. 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Many tnx my solution are difference because all my serial port are on raspberry on ser2net and on my PC client with VSPE call fort by TCP port , I tried to connect by SmartSDR CAT to COM port called by VSPE to TCP port of Ultrabeam Controller but not change freq....
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    If it's anything like the SteppIR it should be able to work with DDUtil. I have a SteppIR and I use DDUtil. 
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ultrabeam control software uses OmniRig where you can setup your connection to the CAT, I used it 2 years ago until I took it down due to problems, and bad support.

I used the Kenwood-2000 in OmniRig and later used SmartSDR.  I didn't use DDutil for it.
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Ali nice to meet you , for now I use PST ROTATOR, but I want use SmartSDR directly, but not work ...
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Frank, did you download the Ulttrabeam control software from http://www.ultrabeam.it/site/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=2&Itemi...
    you will need to connect the RS-232 to you computer first and then configure the Ultrabeam control software.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.