Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio chooser screen is missing in Maestro 1.9.13

W1IMD
W1IMD Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
After updating my Maestro to the latest version yesterday, I no longer see the WiFi or Radio Chooser screens at boot up. I have two radios on my LAN and when the Maestro boots it automatically goes to my 6700 which the Maestro updated to 1.9.13. The 6300 is still at 1.9.9. I haven't had time to manually update it to see if anything changes. Anyone else see this?

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    How did you switch off your Maestro? Short press or long press power ON/OFF button? Press long till a split screnn came up 73 Chris
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    First I tried the long press and then tried the short press. Neither worked.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Let's see:

Long button press for power off,

Short button press for power off,

WiFi enabled, Ethernet cable enabled

WiFi disabled, Ethernet cable enabled

WiFi enabled, Ethernet cable off

Still see 1.9.9.20, 1.9.9.19, 1.8.4.18 1.7.32.15 but no 1.9.13.anyting

Radio and computer updated correctly.

Maestro is now unusable.  Is the Maestro update service running?  Anybody used it today?  Flexradio.com for downloads is OK.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

The Maestro is starting up and connecting to last known radio. To get to the WiFi or radio chooser, press Menu, Network, then WiFi Settings.

Dave wo2x

• W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Dave, can you explain the rationale for this? For my money, selecting a radio should either be as before, or, on the fly from the Radio tab under the Menu button.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2016

I am only guessing on reason but it makes sense. If you have one radio/one Maestro and use it in same location wouldn't you want it to boot directly to the last version and network that you were connected to and auto start the radio? Saves time on startup.

Again you can go to Menu/Network/WiFi Settings to change WiFi or radio.

Just my thoughts.... Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2016

I do not know how it would behave when both radios are on the network with same version software. My 6500 is out on loan and I can try that theory when I get it back (on the 6700 now)

Dave wo2x

• W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am a new Maestro user but in the little time I've spent with it, 1.9.9 always started up with the Network chooser, then the Radio chooser, where both radios were listed and I could choose either. But again, my suggestion would be to permit changing radios on the fly.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2016
    See how it works when you upgrade the second radio to 1.9.13
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    And there's the rub. I'll have to do it manually.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2016
    Turn off the radio running 1.9.13 and turn on the radio running 1.9.9. Boot Maestro it should then show the 1.9.9 radio The Maestro should show the radio in radio chooser and have an icon next to it indicating the radio will need a firmware upgrade. You can then upgrade it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.