Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700, N1MM Logger+, Ctrl+Enter, or Ctrl+Fn

I use the following feature of N1MM Logger+ in my current
SO2R setup, described in Paragraph 2.8.2.6.3 of the N1MM Logger+ online documentation:

“Ctrl+Enter, or Ctrl+Fn - Using these commands will send the corresponding message on the alternate radio; with the alternate radio defined as the radio that does not have RX focus.”

This a highly desirable feature for effective SO2R.

I am unable to get this feature to work consistently with my Flex 6700.  I only occasionally see the TX slice change and I always get the following information pop-ups: “SmartSDR The antenna may not be changed while transmitting” and "SmartSDR Transmit Slice has not been selected." 

The only way I can reliably switch from TX Slice A to B (and vice-versa) using N1MM+ is by using Ctrl+left or right arrow.

Related to the above, the Dueling CQ feature of N1MM Logger+, described in Paragraph 2.8.2.3 also exhibits similar behavior.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the Flex 6700 or N1MM Logger+.  I have also submitted a N1MM Logger+ bug report.

73, Bud AA3B

Comments

• Bud Trench
    Bud Trench Member
    edited October 2016
    I solved this issue.  The fix was to go the N1MM Logger+ Configurer and increase the PTT Delay for the Winkey.  I set it at 350 msec and all seems to be working now.
  • Craig K9CT
    Craig K9CT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Bud

I have tried to duplicate this issue. My Winkey PTT delay is at the default setting of 30ms. I can't duplicate the problem. I am able to send to the "other" radio anytime. It is almost instant. 

I don't use Pause to switch focus but tried it and it worked all the time. I normally use CTRL Left and Right. 

Maybe we should discuss this on the phone....

73, Craig K9CT
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I also was unable to duplicate the issue.  If Craig hasn't already helped you solve this on the phone, I would recommend going through the 6700 SO2R doc linked here: http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/so2r-mode-with-n1mm-for-the-flex-6700-how-to-guide-pdf/
  • Bud Trench
    Bud Trench Member
    edited October 2016
    My understanding is the K9CT has been able to reproduce the problem.  Thank you.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    The loop is being closed on these issues.  I dont think its gonna be an issue much longer. :-)

• W7IV
    W7IV Member
    It's still an issue here prepping for 2021 Summer NAQP RTTY. Playing with delay times, but it still happens occasionally.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.