Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anything to consider if using a 6000 on a different (non-network) PC ?

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
On occasions I may want to use a different computer at home when using the Flex 6300 .  For various reasons this second PC will not be on a network.   Is this simply a case of adding SmartSDR to the second  PC and plugging in the Ethernet cable from the Flex?  Or, will the Flex have some settings from PC number 1 that it expects to see when Smartsdr is launched ?
Andy K3UK 

Answers

• Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I switch between MacOSX (DogPark SDR) and SmartSDR on occasion. It should maintain the settings that you had on the other machine, but you can always create different profiles.   (ie., when I use DogPark, then switch to SmartSDR the profile shows DogPark profile, just create a new one or change it). 

As far as being on the network as long as they are on the same network it should be good. Just keep in mind you obviously couldn't upgrade if you have no internet access from that network, nor move files if it is air gapped from the other network you use.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    Thanks. my other (2nd PC) is on a totally separate network 
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    Well, that was easy.  I was surprised that when I installed on second PC ... my "macros" in CWX were there from the install yesterday on PC1.  Some voodoo magic there from Flex.  VERY nice.   One thing I REALLY like.. I can know switch between various PCs .  I don't have to have a PC that is Firewire capable.  This solved my current issues with PC1 having problems with CW Skimmer and SDR-Bridge (Windows 10 I suspect).  My older laptop with Win7 is running SDR-Brdige , SmartSDR, and CW Skimmer without an CWS lag. 
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Andrew
    Do you understand that your CWX macros are being stored in your 6300, and not in the PC? 
    Your 6300 is a computer too. Think of SmartSDR as being a status display, and a controller for, the computer in the 6300. The actual work is being done in the 6300. With the Legacy models, much of the work took place on the PC.  That's why your macros followed you to the 2nd PC.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    I do realize it but did NOT until I saw it.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I have my work PC setup with SmartSDR and a bridged VPN to my home LAN. I keep a profile for it when I am remote.  I have to shutdown SmartSDR at home but DAX and CAT is all setup when I return home, just restart SmartSDR. I do keep DDUtil running at home for SteppIR autotracking and rotor control as it connects directly to the Flex and can run on any PC on the network. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.