Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-3000 firewire connection issue cable ??

Marc Lalonde
Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
HI  have buy a used Flex-3000 for a club remote radio project

but have strange issue whit firewire cable when plug cable  
most of time radio green led go on for 1-2 second the go off 
some time not lit at all  and about 1 time on 10 try led stay on 

but even when if it stay on powerSDR not always "see" the radio
once it see it  ,work  until a cycle power 

firewire card was Startech PEX1394A2V  whit  VIA  OHCI chipset
that late PC whit 4 core I5 proccessor and PCI-e  and USB3

any ida ??   

73   Marc  L.  VE2OLM

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Has the firewire card ever worked 100% ? If not then try using another cable and if still a problem, then try another firewire card. Not all firewire cards will work properly. You can also try another port for the card
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    got radio only few week ago  and buy card bit later since card that come whit radio was PCI

so have no historical data yet  , have try to change cable but no luck
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The recommended Firewire chipset is a Texas Instruments. Others may have issues.  
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Some of the VIA chip sets had those issues. So it might be the card.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    HI ok thank 

have order a Siig NN-E20012-S2 FireWire 2-Port PCIe 

so hope it fix the thing ...
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Marc

That should work, it's the same PCIE card that Flexradio is selling in the store. I went with the, PCI version, a Siig NN-400012-S8, also sold by Flexradio, I got mine off of Amazon. Both are TI chip sets. The PCI version because I had a single PCI slot left available in this PC, and wanted to fill it first before filling my PCIE slots. Mine works great.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.