Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

XIT visualization on TX slice

Ron Parsons
Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Below is a screen shot of the XIT red bar on a FM slice.

The documentation in section 31.6.7 of the SmartSDR manual says:

"When RIT/XIT is set to something other than 0 the slice’s transmit filter bandwidth will be displayed on the Panadapter as a red bar. The bar is located behind the receive filter and will often overlap as shown below. Also, when RIT is adjusted a red dotted line will appear to show the original location of your receiver to where your slice will return upon zeroing out RIT."

The width of the red bar is smaller than either the NFM or FM transmit filter bandwidth. Also the transmit spectrum is not centered in the red bar.

How is the width and position of the red bar related to the TX bandwidth and XIT?

Ron W5RKN

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    I know that we have checked the functionality of the XIT and RIT visualizations carefully on SSB and CW modes.  I can't say that I have personally looked at it on FM.  I would need to go take a look.  This is likely a bug in FM mode.  I've entered #3872 in our system to address this.

PS. Good to meet you in person at the office today.
  • Ron Parsons
    Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Eric,

Dave, W0DHB, has informed me that "In checking further, I don’t think the XIT visualization is correct for any mode other than CW and SSB, not just FM."

Thanks for the help yesterday.

Ron W5RKN

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Unless it has changed since I last did RTTY, it worked just fine for me in RTTY mode.  But we have had one or two updates since then.  I will check it this weekend.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.