Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Delivery time? Update

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in Maestro
Hello Friends

What's Maestro delivery time ? ....last info is about 2 months old

Thanks

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓

@Bill

We are sorry the delivery time on your Maestro is longer than any of us would like. Trust us, we aren't holding it up because we want to.

You might have missed this: https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/7285745/maestro-delivery-time-update#latest

You mention Support and Shipping. They are 2 different parts of the company. One does post-sales hardware support and the other does the product shipping.

Over the past year, we have sent out multiple emails to customers, directly, via social media and even on this community updating everyone on the Maestro status and the delays due to many things that outside of FlexRadios control. You may not be aware of issues that even affect new Car delivery.

You always have the option to cancel your order and then reorder once we are shipping again. Orders are shipped in the order they are received.

Feel free to contact sales directly at sales@flexradio.com and we can do whatever you wish.

Answers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Suggest you directly contact FlexRadio Systems, especially if you are asking for lead time to your QTH. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I placed a order at Dayton and at that time they said it would be about a month, that was 2 months ago and I have never been contacted. That's ok I have decided not to buy it. I have a friend that has a couple Flex 3000 (I know out of production) and he has one that just will not work. he knows its not the computer or cables because he can unplug his working one and plug in the bad one then just problems. He has sent it in twice and still no help.

I am not trashing Flex but I did not want the Maestro anymore because what if I had problems with it after the new and improved Maestro came out would I be stuck like my friend is? A laptop can be repaired anywhere so that is what I did just picked up another laptop.  
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    What if I bought the latest car, another newer one is bound to come out. Anything you buy is capable of failure, assuming failure guarantees it.
  • Everett Simonds
    edited February 2018
    George:

I ordered mine at HamCom in June.  At that time I was told to expect delivery around the middle of July.  Mid July came and went so I called FRS and spoke with Matt.  He said that some of the parts suppliers were having a hard time keeping up and that it would be delivered around the end of July or early August.  That came and went so I called FRS again; Matt did some checking, put me on hold for a while, came back and said he needed to get more info and would follow up via email.  About 15 minutes later I received an email as promised.  I was again told that there were issues with parts availability and that I should expect delivery sometime in the middle of September!

I don't know what to think now; but it's likely I'll cancel the order this week.  Maybe I'll re-order next year after they get things straightened out.

Everett
    KE5MMT
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Since Maestro's are built in batches (FRS shares some very cool pictures this spring of the production) this sort of things happens. 

We're seeing it on a larger item scale as manufacturers continue down the Lean/JIT supply chain reduction of finished inventory and WIP, variations in component demand that "the system" would absorb now result in delays all to easily.

Some other lucky ham will appreciate your canceling, as with your unit's delivery expected within four weeks only you can decide if you want to take a position four-six months from now sometime next year which may also have a delay. Circumstances may demand you wait, but think of all the QSOs you might have done with a Maestro that you'll miss!

Steve K9ZW

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If you take a moment to look at the Flex product line ups you notice the 
    flex 3000 and the 5000 had a span of about 10 years before becoming less relevant and replaced with newer technology. I think someone at Flex would know just how long they were in production.The Maestro will be the same, people will enjoy them for many years to come. 

I am sorry but  I have problems with the claim that the 3000 was sent in 2 times and Flex was unable to fix it without any mention why? they can as long as parts a available.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Or just stay in Q and wait. Unless it is a product you really don't want.
    It is interesting, I know they mentioned they ordered parts to look after the orders they knew about plus some extra, Looks like sales have gone nuts and they didn't order what they really needed.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Delbert,

Every day we service every model radio we have made in our 13 year history.  This includes the SDR-1000 that has been out of production for 10 years.  We provide repair services in both the US and Europe for all models.  Being out of production has nothing to do with service.  

It is impossible for me to know the nature of your friends problem without seeing his service ticket.  We run 100% production test on every radio coming in for service so there must be something else going on with that specific radio.  I have had cars that did not exhibit the problem I had on the road when I took them to the repair shop.

Have your friend send me a personal note with his RMA ticket numbers so I can take a look at the history.  

Finally, we will service Maestro for as long as parts are available.  It just started shipping three months ago so I expect that will be quite awhile.

Gerald

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019

Here is the latest status on Maestro shipments:

1. We sold out first large production run.  Orders exceeded our pre-order backlog plus the most optimistic sales forecast.

2. We experienced a higher than expected incoming inspection reject rate on certain plastic components on the first production run.  This left us short of parts to complete the first production run in the time frame originally planned. Our supplier is remaking those components at their expense and we expect them to arrive at our contract manufacturing partner here in Austin by mid September.  These parts should cover all but the most recent orders.  We ordered plenty of extras this time to cover any fall out.

3. Maestros are built in large lots for economies of scale.  The next production run is on order with our best estimate to begin shipments from that lot in late October, assuming long lead components arrive as promised from all vendors.

4. If you placed your order prior to end of July, there is a reasonably good chance you will receive your unit from the parts that are arriving in mid September.  
    Thanks,
    Gerald
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

I am waiting on a shipment of the Maestro for two years now

I paid $500 down on a flex tuner and they haven’t shipped it in six months

very very disappointed in flex service have called and cannot get a person on the phone and left helpdesk ticket in takes days to get a reply and then what they promise on shipping does not happen

this is very disappointing about what I thought was at one time the best radio on the market if they don’t have service they are the worst

i’m thinking of canceling it all has any of the group run into the same issue and do you have a better solution than canceling your orders

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

This is why I waited to order my 6400 until they were being shipped from stock. Also, without any software updates, I’m beginning to wonder about the companies solvency.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

John,

The number of software updates has never been an indication of FRS's solvency. If it had, they would have disappeared long ago! I believe the reason for the lack of updates is because they are more involved in their government contracts. And that has pulled resources away from the Amateur radio side of their business. I sincerely hope they will get to a point ( sooner than later ) where they can address current software issues, including some that have been around since V1 of SmartSDR.

James

WD5GWY

• I am worried that the amateur community will be left in the dirt. I do hope that the excellent people at Flex do well either way.
    Keith
    N3SVB
  • keith hertzog
    keith hertzog Member ✭✭

I ordered mine in november 1921. I have repeatedly checked with sales but never heard anything.

I Love my 6400 - Will eventually upgrade !

73 N3SVB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.