Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro with CW-Skimmer

Koji Oyama
Koji Oyama Member
edited January 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi,

Does anyone use a Maestro with CW-Skimmer on a PC ? 

I have been using FLEX-6300 with SmartSDR + SDR-Bridge + CW-Skimmer on my laptop PC.
I would like to make the remote shack enviroment to replace the PC SmartSDR to Maestro,
but still use CW-Skimmer on the PC so that I can enhance the software environment as I describe in the attached diagram.

Advise me.
Regards,

-- Koji Oyama / JP1HUJ, AI7HU

Answers

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Is DAX turned on at another computer?  I believe DAX IQ can only be captured by one client at a time.

73  W9OY
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Also check that everything is on the Same Subnet
  • Koji Oyama
    Koji Oyama Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi Lee,
    Thanks for your comment.

A short answer is no. 

We can turn on DAX streams on the Maestro. (Attached please fined it) Then when I turn it on, a DAX RX Audio stream could be captured on the other computer. (SmartSDR has the same functionality, and it can control both Audio and IQ streams)

My question is simply to confirm whether we can turn on/off DAX IQ streams at the same time, and we can not use CW-Skimmer with Maestro at this moment. 
    In addition I would like to double-check whether it is caused by my wrong settings/operations or not. 

>> I believe DAX IQ can only be captured by one client at a time.

You know DAX has multiple reserved IQ stream channels as default. I believe IQ streams for Maestro frequency spectrum diagrams are not the same streams as what we can control on the GUI. 

Even if there is no functionality at this moment, I think, it would be useful if the FLEX-6300 could send DAX IQ streams for other computers on the LAN.

Welcome any comments or suggestions on this topic.

-- Koji Oyama, JP1HUJ & AI7HU

* FYR: Wireshark packet capture data:
       - DAX RX audio of Panadapter #A starts to send at the packet #1331
       - FLEX-6300 (192.168.10.10) to DAX control software on the PC (192.168.10.2)
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdy0jv6qeapee00/20160703_FLEX6300-DellPC_Capture.pcapng?dl=0

• Koji Oyama
    Koji Oyama Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi Howard
    Thanks for your comment.

Yes, I did.

FLEX-6300: 192.168.10.10
    Maestro: 192.168.10.13
    Laptop PC: 192.168.10.2

Net Mask: 255.255.255.0

-- Koji, JP1HUJ

• Andrew Rose
    Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
     Pleased to see your well presented posting (are you a systems engineer?).

I have a similar layout but in place of ‘CW-Skimmer’ I have ‘fldigi’ which works well for PSK digital modes.  I too am hoping to get ‘CW-Skimmer’ working but so far am not having much luck!  Will be following your posting for any useful information on the correct setup.

Andrew - G4AUE

• Koji Oyama
    Koji Oyama Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your comment.
    I will keep on posting here what I investigate.

p.s.
    I used to be an engineer but now focused on sale and marketing :)

-- Koji Oyama, JP1HUJ
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    If I start SSDR on the computer, followed by CW Skimmer and then disconnect SSDR via the Maestro, CW Skimmer continues to function just fine. I have not experimented with any other methods, or attempted to run two instances of CW Skimmer using the Maestro.
  • Koji Oyama
    Koji Oyama Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi Rick,
    Thanks for your good information.
    I will try it.
    Regards,

-- Koji Oyama, JP1HUJ

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You can turn on DAX IQ streams from Maestro by clicking on the "< Display" menu, and selecting DAX IQ. This took me a while to find.
  • Koji Oyama
    Koji Oyama Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi Phil
    Thanks for your great information.
    Because I am out right now, I will check it up tonight :)

-- Koji, JP1HUJ & AI7HU

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    This is the screen that I was talking about (with two panadapters, click on the word "< DISPLAY" in between the two:
  • Koji Oyama
    Koji Oyama Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi Phil

Perfect ! Thank you very much for your great support. :):)

-- Koji, JP1HUJ
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for finding the hidden menu and solving the problem of using SDR-Bridge with Maestro!

73 Ed W2RF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.