Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot Remove FlexVSPInstaller_64

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am trying to follow the SmartSDR v1.7.3 uninstall procedure.  I see FlexVSPInstaller_64.msi, but I cannot uninstall it. When I try I receive the message "this feature is on a network resource that is unavailable" Huh! How do I handle this? Reinstalling SmartSDR 1.7.3 will not me to choose CAT ports, is this blocking it?

Comments

• Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Have you rebooted your computer before trying to uninstall  FlexVSP.  

Make sure you have backed up your profiles.  Then do a complete uninstall 1.7.3 .  Then you can try opening Task Manager and  ending the task ftvspksrv.exe  then see if you can uninstall.

Bill 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That is good advice. I always reboot befor and after any uninstall or install to make sure I am as clean as possible .
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    all these things have been done, to no avail
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Have you installed a later version of SmartSDR?  
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I will try the 1.8 now
  • K4MT
    K4MT Member
    edited February 2019
    I had the exact same message on windows 10 when I tried an uninstall.  I had to deviate from the uninstall procedure and uninstall FlexVSP first then smartsdr.  

To do that after an unsuccessful uninstall, reinstall 1.7 , reboot and then uninstall VSP first then smartsdr and it worked for me and I have done so about 5 times
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Installing 1.8 DID NOT solve the problem. I'm afraid I will need to do a complete reinstall of windows 7, then up grade to windows 10 again
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I've tried that. IflexVSPinstaller_64 is there, but cannot be accessed, no matter what I do.  Any subsequent SmartSDR install will not let me add CAT ports
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You might try downloading Revo Unistaller and doing a forced uninstall, followed by an advanced scan for leftovers.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You may want to consider a Win10 reset  http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/reset-windows-10-pc
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I am not certain you have identified the correct root cause of your issue.  I would recommend opening a HelpDesk ticket before taking more drastic measures.
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Dave,
    I have had this problem a few times.  The answer for me is to first locate the path to the FlexVSP installer file.
    In the box where you receive the "network resource unavaliable" go to the browse box and point it to the path you located for the FlexVSP installer file.
    This has worked for me.
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I submitted a ticket, as all else has failed
  • Peter Bacon
    Peter Bacon Member
    edited August 2016
    I had a similar problem, and my solution was to uninstall the VSP, by going into the folder ProgramFilesSmartSDR64-bit driversVSP.  Then right click on FlexVSPInstaller_64.msi and select uninstall.  Next I went into the windows device manager and deleted all Flex Com Ports as described elsewhere on this forum, followed by uninstalling SmartSDR.  Reboot, and then do a fresh install of SmartSDR.  Now I have all my Com ports back.
    73 Peter G3ZSS
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Due to upgrade issues related to Win10, this issue fixed by a reinstall of the previous OS.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.