Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

power button fell off 6300, Flex cutting corners

13»

Comments

• Rob Blackie
    Rob Blackie Member
    edited July 2016
    Gerald.. why put a button on it that will fall off if you look at it the wrong way ?
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Rob, Gerald was kind enough to reach out and respond directly to you and your response is what, another slap in the face?  Not only is your response disrespectful, it is clearly meant as an insult and reveals your  agenda. Unless you have some kinetic vision super power you haven't mentioned. You don't give you call sign to keep your secret identity, I doubt you have the true super power ability to knock a button off merely by looking at it, I could be wrong. By the way have no problem with my properly placed power button.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Give it a rest guys, he is just trying to voice his opinion and those of us who have tried to help get slapped in the face for trying. 
    HE HAS MADE UP HIS MIND!
    SO lets just ignore him and let FLEX work this out with him, all the comments that drag down the quality of this list and the fine users that are generally here saying things that would normally not be said and not be bringing to the list to pollute it's quality.

73's ALL and have a good evening.
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • Jim Best
    Jim Best Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Great idea, I read these comments to see if I can glean a little advice from the folks who have much more experience with FlexRadio. Why must personalities enter into this? If someone is disappointed with their equipment can't they deal with FRS? If they post their complaints here and they aren't looking for a solution, they are looking for a response. The more responses the better they seem to enjoy it. Besides my delete key finger is getting sore again. 73 all
    Jim WU7G
  • SteveJ
    SteveJ Member
    edited July 2016
    Flex Kool-Aid alert.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The last time I saw a hardware/firmware problem, FRS brought all the radios that were impacted into the shop and repaired them.  They initiated the solution and advised their customer base how it would be corrected. 

When I have seen PowerSDR/SmartSDR software problems, each and every time they have been addressed and corrected.  Problems are, or at lease should be, expected as this is cutting edge technology that's still, for the most part, being invented and developed.

In all the store bought radios that I have owned over the years from the major manufacturers, both American and Japanese, I have never seen a problem addressed directly, publicly, within a day of it being presented, by the CEO of the company.

I'm not sure why some folks seem to have a propensity to bash Flex.  First, we had the eHam crown almost from the beginning who relentlessly tried to minimize every accomplishment that Flex made and literally villainize the company management.  Now we have those who believe that emerging technology shouldn't come along with a learning curve for either the developers or the operators. 

For as many bashers as there may be, there are many more people whose loyalty is rooted in experience.  Like I said, FRS isn't using mind control - there are a lot of people here who have been using these radios for years and love the product and the ownership experience.

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    We're glad you sold it too.  Now, why are you still reading the forum?  Still trying to reassure yourself that you did the right thing?
  • K4MT
    K4MT Member
    edited July 2016
    Another snide rude comment. Give this forum a bad name why dont you.  Why do you feel the need to rude. Anyone can sell their radio, be unhappy with it and  still be on the community.  These type of comments shed a bad light on Flex.
  • K4MT
    K4MT Member
    edited July 2016
    Flex does not need us to protect them. From what I see they can take care of themselves. The fan boys add nothing to the mix here nor do the guys that hate flex. Only the guys in the middle offer anything of value
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    To quote 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, "How is this still a thing"?

Jim, to. answer your question, I think there are three groups here, one that constantly seem to get a case of the vapors and act like someone just insulted their boyfriend, another that thinks, for what they paid, they shouldn't be seeing the problems they are seeing and hearing about from others, and the last that like to stir the ****, rabble rousers. Jim, you can always unsubscribe to individual threads.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Again with the lovers and haters, oy vay. Lovers, fer sure. I think few, if any, hate Flex. It's likely more they appear as counterpoise to the first group. For the longest time I was openly accused of that, likely still am by some, including some employees. That, fwiw, is categorically, a misinterpretation.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

Rob, it's ok to be **** off, but never without a call sign, you will be taken to the virtual woodshed for posting anything without a call sign.

I do wonder however why you would call the radio and the software junk. There is a process to get help and Flex backs up the radio with a warranty you can easily use.

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

The only thing I dislike hardware wise is the power button, I think it could be recessed into the chassis a bit more and it does sit a bit crooked, otherwise I love it.

Hopefully they get yours fixed so you can begin using it instead of being frustrated by it.  

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Well said Walt.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

Overpriced? Send it back, issue solved.

• Rob Blackie
    Rob Blackie Member
    edited July 2016
    you bored ? i know i am...............
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

I just looked at mine the wrong way, but it must have been the right way because the button is still there. It's a little crooked so maybe it's looking back at me, a little creepy I must say but the little **** is still there. :)

(just kidding)

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I think complaining  is a good thing when we feel we buy something and not happy with it, we should indeed. But when the complaint starts to insult people who have no axe to grind with Flex and calling a product names, then it is more than a complaint.

Rob knows what he needs to do, I'm sure Rob will do what is best for him. Flex stands behind their products, so nothing to worry about there.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

Bored? No, I get you're frustrated. These radios aren't cheap and I had to sell a few things to afford my "entry level" 6300 and Maestro.

My power button doesn't sit level, as somebody with OCD/ADD and all the other things ending in D it bugs me to no end and I wonder what I can do to make it straight every time I power it on.

Then I remind myself it's one stinking button, but it's the ONLY button so I'm still bugged by it.

I have issues.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.