Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro battery suggestions?

K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
Can anyone recommend specific brands and / or models for suitable batteries? I'd like to order a few for when the Maestro arrives. Thank you. Eric K2CB

Answers

• K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited November 2018
    I also saw reference to "auto start" type units, so I'm guessing that would be a desirable feature in any recommendations.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The Mogix 10400 mah battery works fine.  I have 3 of them.  $23 on Amazon.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    edited November 2018

Does the Mogix automatically turn on when the Maestro draws current, or does one need to push a button on the battery first? 

I'd like to have a battery pack that won't require opening the rear compartment every time I want to use it.

Also, what kind of Maestro usage time are you getting out of a fully charged 10,400mah pack?

Can I assume somewhere around 5 hours based on the 2A current draw spec of the Maestro?

Eric

K2CB

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yes, they turn on automatically with load. That is why it is one of the recommended batteries.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I like the Palanfo Q5. More "professional" looking case- rectangular, stackable and has an LED display of capacity remaining which I can read through the slats of the Maestro back cover. I have three of these and two Mogix. They are around two dollars more than the Mogix.

Jim

ka7gzr

• Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I saw two brands recommended by Flex, the Mogix 10400 and the Polanfo 12000 power banks. I bought two Polanfo 12000's and left one in my Maestro as the only power for it and it lasted 6 hours and 14 minutes before we had to change it. Not bad.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I prefer the Polanfo 12000 power banks ($19.99 on Amazon Prime) over the Mogix 10400.  I have both. 

Cal/N3CAL

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Can you please say why?
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I buy 2 power bank at Amazon in DL - no brand, it's NONAME ( all power bank's came from China) with 20.000 mAh for 17$ and they work very well.  Not any problem
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @Barry  The Polanfo 12000  have a digital LED indicator on them.  You can see how much of a charge is left on the battery.   I can actually see the LED through the slats on the Maestro back cover (same as Jim's comments above). They also hold about 1600 mAh more.  Bottom line they last longer and the Maestro seems to run better with them,  6+ Hours.  When using the Mogix 10400 I've had my Maestro display low battery messages after running just 10 or 15 minutes. (This issue was discussed in another thread).  It seems they Mogix don't regulate as well and the Maestro displays low battery messages with them.  You can click through the message and continue to run but it's just annoying. 

Cal/N3CAL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.