Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fldigi slice A B C and D are all the same

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭

downloaded the XML files then opened up 3 slices then opened up 3 version of FLDIGI 3.23.10.02 and all the fldigi , Slice A at 18.109 Slice B at 21.070 and Slice C at 14.070, the problem is they all showed Slice A freq even though each opening of fldigi was rx1 rx2 rx3 for DAX.

I know I'm missing something

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    A few basic things to check that are often missed....

1) Are the XML files in the correct directory?

2) Have you configured each one to use the respective XML file? 
    If I remember correctly, that is how the program knows which slice to monitor.

3) Did you remember to hit the "Initialize" button in each instance's configuration screen?

4) Have you set the correct DAX channel for each Slice?  (in the slice info flags...)

That is all I can suggest from memory.  I am away from the rig at the moment.

Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    5)  Also, have you set up a separate COM port in CAT for each slice and linked to the correct COM port in FLDigi's config screen for each slice?
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Is it necessary to but the files in the "correct" when the config box has a browse button to input their location? Cannot check my rig, writing this from my hospital bed before having some spinal surgery.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Ken has the answer!! I had the same behavior. Besides XML files you have to create a CAT COM port to match each slice and remember to change the XML AND COM port in Fldigi rig config tab
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Guy, you may be correct. I forgot about the browse button. I was going from memory. I always just kept them in the latest FLDigi folder under Program Files....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.