Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex control

Trevor-EI2GLB
Trevor-EI2GLB Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi All id like to add some form of external vfo to my 6500 be it a Flex control or a dj console, one question is say in a contest environment when I spin the vfo with the screen focus on my logging program will it tune the flex, using the mouse wheel, I currently have to switch focus back to smart SDR and then scroll, it makes S&P very tiresome, Thanks Trevor EI2GLB

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Try a Behringer controller, you'll find the free software for it here:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/behringer-cmd-micro-dj-midi-controller-for-use-with...

Alex - DH2ID

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The FlexControl is locked to SSDR (or PSDR). That is one of major design features of it. The DJ Consoles are typically not locked so if you aren't focused on SSDR then they don't control it. I think there are a couple controllers that function the same as the Flex Control. I have found the Flex Control and VOX a great combination to allow you to use other programs while making contacts, tuning, or adjustment.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You can use the Flex control regardless of where the focus is.  Your next choice is the Maestro which will be released shortly.

The test teams are already contesting with it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iOinuoMBHA

Mike va3mw

• M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited March 2016
    As above the Flex Control doesn't care what the focus is. In the meantime in the main Flexradio Control Panel you can set it so it automatically returns focus to whatever program you set it to so once you've stopped tuning it will wait the delay you set and return focus to your logging program.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Ed W2RF the author of SDR-Bridge recently released an updated version which will allow up to 4 flex controls to control up to 4 slices.  I have 2 flex controls controlling 2 slices which I can use to tune around in pileups and I can have a third slice open and by hitting the lock button on the slice I can listen to a fixed freq and it not be affected by any of the flex controls.  This way I can have the fixed slice on the DX station and use the 2 slices, 2 knobs with 2 skimmers to independently troll the pileup.  Different skimmers don't decode exactly the same pileup data so I can often see deeper into a pileup using 2 skimmers to determine where the DX is listening.   The buttons on the flex control will allow the knob  to control XIT RIT volume or AGC-T in the particular slice to which the knob is attached.  All of this is focus independent of the logging software, or any other software which has computer focus.   

I never tried any of the DJ surfaces because they take up too much desktop real estate but the SDR-Bridge/Flex control combo goes a long way toward SO2R functionality in my use.  You can add 1 control and get a feel for it and if you like it then additional controls

73  W9OY 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ??? I haven't used my DJ 2 LE or CMD PL1 midi controllers for a while, but I don't remember ever needing to keep focus on SSDR for them to work. The interface program must be running, but it only translates the midi commands to API commands and sends them to the rig via the TCP connection. It should run independent of focus. Even so, I still just use the FlexContrl Knob most of the time because it is just easier and takes up less space in the messy desktop. Ken - NM9P
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The behringer is a great add on t'ill Maestro is released.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.