Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Memory in 6000 series software

Dave Dave
Dave Dave Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas

There needs to be a "Memory" stand alone button somewhere, shouldn't have to go thru "Settings" to get to memory    Also an option so when you click the memory you want the memory window goes away like with the 1500 

Comments

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I would have to agree, memory still needs some work but its getting there.
  •   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Agreed... the memory function is Clunky at best.  It may lag behind other features in priority,  but
    I think memory improvement is important.   Yes... there is additional memory software out there, but the radio should still function smoothly on it's own.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Ken, but SSDR has it on board : SSDR Manual, section 20.1, works fine by the way.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You're right of course, Sergey. SSDR memory and FRStack both work quite
    well, but what we would like are some memory buttons on the SSDR main
    screen, so we wouldn't have to click around. Quick memory and some fast
    memory buttons are a must on modern TRX.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Alex you right, however plenty of buttons into one GUI like for ANAN ex. (IMHO) make the screen surface complicated to utilize with other sorts of SW. The best case is of course to implement everything  with dockable DUI with functions block, but it required to redesign SSDR GUI completely(or to make one more separate SW like CAT SSDR but for some specific most wanted functions), even 5k  some time are not enought :-)
  •   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Sergey, as you pointed out there are several add ons for memory function . I'd still like the on board memory function improved though. Why not a drop down tab or button that shows quick buttons for memory etc, as earlier suggested. Also as Dave mentioned... the screen should at least close after a memory is selected. All in good time I'm sure. I find the current memory system noticeably lacking.  
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You have my vote, Ken :-)
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Ken i can agree with drop down tab it will be suitable for use in the same way like profiles for today but additional separate Tab as ex.: CWX or Menu from the Right on SSDR will be too much for GUI.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Sergey,
    Here is a memory button idea that was submitted a while back.   It has 9 votes so far and is "under consideration."

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/_quick_memories_for_smart_sdr

Does this do what you want? 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

******** snapshot for the idea showing the save and recall panel **********

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That seems like a really good idea to me. it has my vote.
    Bill
  • Mike Christmas
    edited January 2016
    How about one of the F-keys we should be able to assign short cuts to them
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Maybe someday ill understand Flex's way of thinking, I sure don't now.
    4 complicated Noise reductions buttons and no Squelch.... don't get it.
    Memory so very limited ...don't get it.
    I fail to see Flex's way because and memory is the simple stuff.
    Someone please explain what I'm missing......
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @DAVE Simple Answer. Use Cases , Customer Demand and availability of programming resources. The target market for the top end radios are DXer and Contesters who need very sophisticated noise tools and rarely use squelch or memory. For example as a DXer and Contester for 55+ years I have never used squelch and except for 60M and 10M FM never used memories But then I rarely if ever rag chew or play with Nets. When resources are available then I suspect FRS will get around to incorporating lower priority features. In the meantime 3rd party app FRstack already does most of what you want. BTW. You continually post about squelch. I think FRS has already heard you but I don't see a lot of other requests for it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.