Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SPE Expert Amp Support. DDUTIL V32200 Available

KY6LA_Howard
KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Steve K5FR has finally released SPE Amp support for the 2K/1.3K amps You can now directly and/or Remotely control your SPE amps from Flex, ANAN and other SDR Transceivers by using DDUTIL. It adds Autodrive so you can automatically set power drive levels by band and mode so you can eliminate ALC Please Note you must be using the latest firmware release for SPE amps as these contain API updates needed to provide remote control. 2K 19_10_15_A_3s.pk1 or later 1.3K 14_10_15_A_15s.pk2 or later In this release: Several new macro commands have been added as well as a number of fixes and enhancements. See the release document for complete descriptions and use: v32200 Release Document Macro users; I have setup a Google spread sheet that list all of the F6K macros. This sheet can be sorted and printed several ways as needed. See this link for the F6K macro command summary: DDUtil F6K Macro Summary Added support for the SPE 1.3k and 2k amplifiers. See the following wiki article for details. http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=SPE_1.3/2K Be advised the Auto Update feature is still inoperative as there are a few souls that haven't upgraded to v3.1 yet. I'll probably reinstate it for the next revision. DDUtil v32200 is available from the DDUtil v3 download page. http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=Download Special Thanks to Steve K5FR. It has been a long painful 2 year process to get SPE. To understand that they needed to publish an API and to make modifications to their firmware to. Allow remote operations GreatJob Steve.

Comments

• Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Thanks, Howard.  My 2K arrived Thursday.  Now to get everything set up.

VY 73,
    Bill, N5TU

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thanks should go to Steve K5FR. He did all the heavy lifting
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, but you took all the ridicule in the mean time.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Better me than Steve as it might have derailed him from all the hard work. The bottom line is that he got it done.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    and you pushed for it...so kudos to both of you.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I installed it. Works great with the Expert 1k.
    It did erase my settings so make sure you have a backup or screen shots of your settings.
    Because of the new features with expert, if you are like me, using it with the 1K, you might have to input the settings manually after the upgrade.

Great job Steve K5FR. And thanks Howard KY6LA for letting us know. I found out about the upgrade here.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Howard, thank you for excellent news, 
    Steve(K5FR) - Thank you just a small thing for now, all the best !
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Howard for posting the release info here and the kind words. Sorry it took me so long, but not having one of these amps to test with and the API not being complete and documented correctly caused things to drag out longer than they should. If anyone has an issue let me know.
  • Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Thanks to you, Steve, and to Howard for posting this.  Excellent!

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Steve and Howard - a big thank you to you both. Steve's update has provided ME WITH the second last piece of the jigsaw puzzle that is the remote station I have been building over the past couple of years. The final piece I now reed is SSDR version 2.0 Thanks again Winston VK7WH
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Steve congratulations for a great job, I make update of firmware and work fine, I not see a pwr on 2.3 tomorrow I make few test and a send you a direct feedback. 73 IZ7AUH
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks to Steve and to Howard - my SPE 1.3K is still a few months away, but this gives me hope I will be able to automate some of the operation!
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I have not been able to download the new version.  When i try to update through the software I get an error message Your current version is 3.2.1.00 and the version on the website is 3.0.9.03  Is there a direct download link?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Larry.  Steve still has the "auto update" feature turned off.  You need to get it direct from the DDUtil download  page.

http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=Download

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks... Found it ...I had mistaken the Download Link for something else....Installed and running.  Now I am just waiting my turn in line for the Expert 2k
  • Bill Ham - K0KO
    edited March 2016
    Steve,  I have the Flex 6500 and SPE 2K-FA.  I made the CAT cable (Com 5) and have band changes following the radio.  I also hooked up a standard USB cable (Com 7), and setup per your wiki info.  

DDUtil Ports/Passive Listener: Com5, 9600 8-N-1, Follow Radio, Kenwood
    DDUtils Amps: SPE 1.3/2K, Com7, enable.

I can't control the 2K from the DDUtil (v3.2.3.00) setup SPE window.  It doesn't show it is connected.  Pressing ON starts the 2K, but none of the other buttons work.  Term 2K works fine, so I know the cable is good.  I closed and rebooted after testing Term 2K.  What am I doing wrongimage?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Did you update your SP E firmware
  • Randy
    Randy Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    DDUtil stopped working when I upgraded to version 32300.  Worked great till then. SPE firmware is up-to-date.  I uninstalled DDutil, deleted the DDutil folder on C:, deleted the DDutil stuff in users local and remote, scanned the registry and removed all DDutil stuff, then reinstalled and it still does not work.

• Bill Ham - K0KO
    edited March 2016
    Elmer,
    I have egg on my face.  I checked to see the latest version of SPE software by looking in my SPE file.  Unfortunately, I had only downloaded it last October.  I updated the SPE and now all works fine.  Many thanks!
    Bill - K0KO

• Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Randy, did you have any anomalies during the upgrade? Is DDUtil working normally other than the SPE?
  • Randy
    Randy Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No, I did not notice any anomalies.  I will do this again in the morning and pay close attention.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I have a 1K. I just ordered a 2K but will be quite a few months before I get it.
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You may have a corrupt user settings file. Take these steps to reset it:
    1. Close DDUtil
    2. In File Manager open the DDUtil directory (C:DDUil_V3)
    3. Execute the file DeleteDDUtilSettings.bat
    4. Open DDUtil
    5. Input your settings manually

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.