Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

expert 0 F3K 4

John
John Member ✭✭
I had an "expert" around today,in setting up the flex to run with other software such as wsjt and fldifi and after 4 hours, he walked away threatening to **** my f3k. I could not resist a "I told you so" quirk as he left with 4 beers in his belly to wash away his sorrow. Well, I am still using my trusty ft-897d to do all the digital modes for me. I wonder if he will ever speak to me again, let alone take up my new challange. Bed time calls.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I recommend you talk to the real experts, so I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Pierre Martel
    Pierre Martel Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Strange setting my f3k for digital was a breeze.. The only problem I had what with different sampling rate between my virtual cable and what the radio was outputing distording my signal.. after working it out, I was able to decode anysignal I could come across that I had a software for..
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Tim,
    I must apologise for incorrectly posting the article as I did not want any help. It was mouse and eye co-ordination problem when I ticked the wrong box. Well, I met this guy at one of our local radio stores and he said that he could help me set it up as long as I had a purchased copy of VAC which I have. the crux of the matter is that this whole issue of running virtual ports is not understood as there are many variables from computer to computer and I think many will agree that its a steep learning curve even for those "experts" out there.
    As I have said before, I have long given up on setting it all up, so will continue to use my ft-897d with cat / data cable for digimodes.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    John, I have had my f3k running here for some years and still use it as
    a backup station for my f6.5k. If you have problems setting your f3k up
    I could guide you step by step. You can also post some screenshots of
    your setup here and look at the FRS knowledge center:

http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseCategory96.aspx

VAC setup:
    http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50230.aspx

Setting up the virtual cables and COM ports is quite easy,
    I recommend using VSPE, which is free for 32bit and has
    to be licenced for 64bit.

73, Alex DH2ID
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply. I would like to try and set it up with your help but you will have to be a bit patient with me...medical problems included. I already have vac so would prefer to use that. Another purchase is not an option for me unfortunately.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Alex, I am in the process of having another go and in the vac control panel, I have two cable active. See image. F3K is set up in vac as wdm-ks vc1 input and vc2 output. I cannot get vc on MME or WDSimage
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Wel, I think its working with a few hiccups. in order to set it up, I had to use vac software and this then forced me to use WDM-KS in the w3k audio set up menu. I could not find virtual ports in fldigi which corresponded to the VAC ports. Fldigi feezes when I try and change modes and has no tx. Faros software works ok.
    Thats it for now, but its looking as if I have got over the worst.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Does anyone know how to set up a ptt port using vac software ? I cannot find the answer or I am looking right past it somewhere.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.