Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

K6TU Remote - Sneak Preview

13»

Comments

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Stu,
    The sooner the Remote app is available, the sooner I can chip in to buy your iPad Pro? ;-)
  • Reg
    Reg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Since the iPad Pro won't ship until November I am waiting impatiently for both the iPad Pro and K6TU Remote.

Reg
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Any updates Stu?  Patiently waiting 
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for asking - very timely!

The release candidate for the K6TU Remote app has been in the hands of the alpha test team for the app for several days and is stable.  I am in the throes of compiling the web pages that describe/support the app and will be submitting the app into the Apple review process in the next couple of days.

The review for a new application like this can take 2 to 3 weeks assuming Apple doesn't have any issues with the apps design.  So I would expect early to mid October for availability in the AppStore.

I will post an updated video together with a link to the web pages for the app as soon as they are done and I've submitted the app into the store review process.

The app will be a free download and in its free version, will support receive operation on a single slice.

Unlocking transmit capability (Phone only for the first release) as well as dual slice operation (so you can work DX operating split) will require an in-app purchase.  You can make voice QSO's using the internal speaker/mic, a wired headset or a Bluetooth headset.  Due to iOS limitations, PTT using the remote controls on a headset currently only function on a wired headset.  There is an onscreen PTT button which may be used as well as VOX for keying the transmitter.

In-App non-renewing subscriptions for US AppStore customers will be $9.99 for 30 days and $99.99 for 1 year.  When the subscription expires, the app will revert to receive only on a single slice.  Prices for International AppStore customers will depend on Apple's pricing and tax collection policies.  

The subscription covers all features released during the period it is valid.  A subscription can be extended (from its current expiration date) at any time with the new subscription taking effect when the current one expires.

I have a roadmap of features that will be implemented after this first release and that roadmap will be on my web site.  Features for post the first release include CW support (via on screen and Bluetooth keyboard), integration with logging software on the iPad and eventually station control.

As the saying goes, watch this space!
    Stu K6TU
  • Travis Best
    Travis Best Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Stu,

How is the release coming been watching the app store looking forward to the release
This discussion has been closed.