Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Great Customer service on 6500

Kg5dwx
Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
Just a shout out to all Flex owners and perspective owners, I just when through diagnosing an issue in the 60 meter band (5MHz area). Steve and Tim went above and beyond helping ruling out the Flex as an issue. They put up with numerous e-mails, phone conversations, and  two visits with the radio to their facilities. The Flex is NOT the issue.

Now the search to define the antenna issue.

You will NEVER see this high level of customer service and technical assistance from the big 3 manufactures. I highly recommend Flex radio to all hams.

Comments

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Actually you won't see it anywhere else.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    What I'm wondering is why you thought it was a radio problem. Didn't it work on a dummy load?
    Just curious.
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I agree.    Tim diagnosed my new 6500 remotely, found a hardware fault and got me a brand new unit in 2 days.    Amazing support.   I sat on a tech support desk for many years working with field engineers and customers on cardiac x-ray systems.  I know what it is like to deal with technical issues and customers.   He is amazing!  
  • Wayne Dailey
    Wayne Dailey Member
    edited August 2015
    Ya Buddy... You are so correct !! From my personal experience.. Flex customer assistance is above and beyond. I've had a couple of issues where Dudley assisted me to resolution and he chased me around for a couple of days and what company would do that??  In my opinion, great customer service equals future sales and relationships, that is how we think about it up here in Cow Hampshire.
  • Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the interest. It is a receive issue, transmit and SWR is great.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    What kind of antenna will transmit and won't receive? This isn't making sense. 
  • Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Well, I am kind of new at this so any constructive help is appreciated. It is a 140' end feed wire 20' off the ground, with a SG-230 ATU at the wire. Ground is a 25' 10 gage insulated stranded wire off the roof to a 10' ground rod. On receive, NVIS, receive level is low, they can here me 5-9. SWR is 1.3. any ideas? 
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Give me a call if you'd like to talk about this. I might be able to help
    704-724-2519
  • Kg5dwx
    Kg5dwx Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Is Wednesday OK, after 12:00 Central?
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Sure. Any time is ok. 
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Flex Radio customer support is numero uno.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.