Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where is the current Flex roadmap? I see all kinds of posts mostly from 2 years ago but can't find

Kilroy
Kilroy Member
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Where can the current (August 2015) roadmap be found?  

Answers

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Tim. Was that an answer? 
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Great answer Tim!

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2018
    At this time, we have decided not to publish a feature roadmap so one is not available for download.  

FlexRadio has publicly committed to improved noise mitigation (NR/ANF/NB) for specific v1.5.0 release of SmartSDR.  We have delivered NR and ANF in the recent 1.4.x releases and still have NB to deliver.  We have not made any public feature commitments to specific release beyond SmartSDR v1.5 and SmartSDR v2.0.  The main features for v2.0 will support the WAN Remote capability.

I am confident there will be additional software features and releases provided after SmartSDR v1.5.0.  Especially if they are needed and related to support our current efforts focused on improving SmartSDR for optimized workflow operating (aka "contesting") and support of our upcoming Maestro and SO2R products that we announced at Dayton.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I would like a release dedicated to interface usability. Two issues, there are too many fiddly and counter intuitive controls at the moment, and too many difficult to read parts of the interface.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This should be an Idea post.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
         Guy, I tend to agree with you, but you ought to be a bit more specific,
    especially if color is an issue for you.

Ned,  K1NJ

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    There is also a degree of duplication between information presented in the slice and information in the rx dialog. One might want to reach out to Stu, as I believe he has opinions on the ui. The meters might be scrapped, SWR could be simply a number, rf output a number, RS a number. These are things I've implemented. Left side controls, too many keystrokes/mouse actions. Changing bands should be a single user action. How often do you change antennas, my guess, you don't, so bury thant control, ditto for waterfall. How often do people change those setting? Ditto daxiq.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Yep...Bring the common stuff to the forefront. Make them bigger. Band buttons, keyer speed, bandwidth...Those are tiny and hard to aim at.There's plenty of extra room. The waterfall is huge. PowerSDR had a nice interface! 

Also the S meter is almost useless. It jumps around so fast you can't tell what it's saying. Dampen the sucker. 

WAN? Nice but let's get the radio more friendly first. 

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    What happened to my suggestion to start an idea post?  These comments will just get lost in the noise...
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Steve, I've had that debate with folks both on here and out of band. Frankly, I think there are a handful of people that would find it useful, those people already run WAN and have for years. I thought, gee, when we go over to the kids house I could...wait, we are going to the kid's house to visit not for me to huddle in some corner playing radio.  I question how many net new sales that will generate, vs. people like Tony who go elsewhere for whatever reason, stability, basic usability, etc. So I think it is a losing battle on two fronts, I've never not been shouted down for even suggesting otherwise and FRS has committed to it so...
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Timothy, let's face it. My contribution to that idea stands a far better chance without my name associated with it. I'll be addressing it in due time.
  • Bob McComb
    Bob McComb Member
    edited August 2015
    Maybe just come out with a contesting version only. Then you could just have the bare minimum layout.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Walt: I agree. The pan-adptr is what sets Flex apart from the others and I'm skeptical of that every working over a WAN anyway. 
    The Maestro is the best idea yet. I have mine on order. Hopefully that will compensate for the poor user interface. 

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    @Tim

I have posted these user interface ideas over year ago... and Al posted some as well

So it really does not need yet another idea post - just look in the ideas section
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Either a new Idea post or add to an existing one.  It makes no difference.  My point is that idea type comments made in the middle of a "where is the roadmap" question post have little to no chance of being considered when the product managers scan the Community for product feature ideas.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Agree with you Howard. Many of them are near the top with votes already. Unless I'm missing something it seem like Repeating them would be redundant and devalue them. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim, Ok got your point. Maybe we just need more folks to scan through the existing GUI and usability ideas and add their votes and comments before potentially duplicating them. Regards Al / NN4ZZ
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Not to be disagreeable, I think ganging multiple ideas in one post is as objectionable as reporting multiple problems in a single post. For myself, I've already liked some of Al's ideas. I am unaware of any ui suggestions Howard has made. Unlike Al's, I am not suggesting adding stuf, quite the opposite.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Since the question for this topic has been asked and answered, I am going to close it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.