Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Skimmer tunes in 100 Hz steps

Barry GM3YEH
Barry GM3YEH Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Third-Party Software

FLEX 6500 with SSDR and SDR Bridge to CW Skimmer.  Everything perfect except that the tuning steps on CW Skimmer are stuck at 100 Hz which is a bit coarser than I would like. Tuning steps in SSDR are fine.  As I tune around with my FlexControl SSDR tunes smoothly but CW Skimmer 'jumps' in 100 Hz steps.   Have looked at all SSDR, SDR Bridge and CW Skimmer settings with no luck so far.  Any suggestions?

73 Barry GM3YEH

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Barry,
    That is a known issue in CW Skimmer.  CWS synchs up every 100 HZ.  A workaround (shaking the panadapter) is on page 18 of my "quickstart" notes on the SDR-Bridge web page.   You can also click tune the particular call in the skimmer waterfall to synch it up with SSDR. 

Alex (author of CWS) is aware of the issue and should address it eventually.  (no timeframe though)

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • Barry GM3YEH
    Barry GM3YEH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015

Thanks Al.  I've picked up a copy of your notes on SDR-Bridge now.

73 Barry GM3YEH

• bob
    bob Member
    [{"insert":"Previous comments were from years ago. Here Flex 6500 with V3 software and CWS V2.1. I believe I followed all instructions in SDR Bridge V3. But my Skimmer jumps in 110 Hz increments, and almost always jumps over every signal without printing. I've asked Alex (author of CWS) but with no help. Years ago CWS didn't do this. Again any ideas? 73 de bob k8ki\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.