Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Adjustable clock/date display

DK1EY
DK1EY Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
 I would prefer a user-choosable format of the clock/date display. Just a small issue but look how it looks, sittig right over the Windows-Clock.

It would be great to choose if UTC or another timezone is displayed, and how the date is formatted (dd/mm/yy, dd/mm/yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy, mm/dd/yy e.g.). Also it would be nice to show it aligned to the Windows date/time-format. In my case time above date.

VY73
Tom
DK1EY

Comments

• Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Good idea
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    If you think so, please press the like button above to vote for that idea!

Many thanks es 

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Larry
    Larry Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Yes, a good idea.

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    We already get digital clocks on phone, coffee brewers, stoves, microwave ovens, Windows desktop. Do we really need another local time digital clock? UTC time, yes, local time no
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

I would prefer that SmartSDR display both local and UTC, and not depend on placing SmartSDR over the task bar (as I use a multi screen configuration with self-hiding task bars).

Steve

K9ZW

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Walt and Steve, Due to different needs, I would appreciate a flexible solution. I also prefer and only need the UTC clock in the SSDR window. VY73 Tom DK1EY
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Next these guys will want it on the screen for the Radio Box when does it end. I have local, GMT etc on various programs buy a second monitor and get what you want it's just a radio Tom. Ian
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    How about leaving the display as is, in UTC, but if mouse-overed adds an offset and displays local time. Much like how the S-meter implementation behaves. Or ... look at the clock on the wall.

W7NGA
    Koh Samui, Thailand
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

Surely you can add or deduct a few hours from UTC.  Do these trivial wants never end!!!!!  Surely Flex has enough to do with basic additions/upgrades to SmartSDR.

Jim K4JAF

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Move to Greenwich? They are both the same!
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The current SSDR clock is really tiny and hard to read on a big display.  I would like selectable size, time zone, and format, and yes, maybe color!  Compared to SDR, this is not rocket science.  The bigger issue for FRS is probably finding screen space for it in their rigid windowing system.  Ideally we'd have a separate window (maybe a tear-off window) with the clock as big as you want and located where you want on your monitor.

In my case, it's a little redundant, since I run the following Python code on my system.
    Flex is welcome to copy!
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sounds like you have your problem solved!!! I prefer Flex to spend their time on improving the operation of the 6000 series, not adding UTC and Local time to the screen.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.