Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FreeDV installer Error

Options
Ricky Marsh
Ricky Marsh Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
When i have tried to install the FreeDV i receive the following error.

there is a problem with this windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

i have re-downloaded but no Joy.

i am using Windows 8.1
Flex 6300

thanks for any help.

Ricky

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Did you upgrade to 1.4.11 first?
  • Ricky Marsh
    Ricky Marsh Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes i have upgraded to 1.4.11 but this does not relate to SmartSDR it is windows that will not let it install and is reporting a DLL will not run. i have not even started the waveform installation so i was wondering if anyone has managed to install under the windows 8.1 environment.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have installed the FreeDV_Waveform_Installer.msi on Windows 8.1 Pro using a Surface Pro 2 without any problem.
  • Ricky Marsh
    Ricky Marsh Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thanks so now i know its a problem my end, i will try it on another laptop.

Thanks for your help.

• Ricky Marsh
    Ricky Marsh Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have now solved this problem and installed FreeDV there was a permissions issue after going to  properties ; Security on the C:UsersxAppDataLocalTemp folder and giving that Everyone the Full control all now installs.

hopefully no one has the same problem.

Ricky

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.