Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR API - Transmit object: sb_monitor property vs monitor property

Options
IW7DMH, Enzo
IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR API
Hello,

I am wondering which is the difference between the two properties I found in the transmit status response.
Actually I have the following issue: when my client starts, in the very first status message it gets the following transmit status message:

SA37CD239|transmit freq=14.03595 lo=50 hi=2800 tx_filter_changes_allowed=1 tx_rf_power_changes_allowed=1 rfpower=90 tunepower=10 am_carrier_level=86 vox_enable=0 vox_level=50 vox_delay=22 mic_level=34 mic_selection=MIC mic_boost=1 mic_bias=0 mic_acc=0 compander=1 compander_level=70 dax=0 pitch=500 speed=20 iambic=1 iambic_mode=1 cwl_enabled=0 swap_paddles=0 synccwx=1 break_in=1 break_in_delay=9 sidetone=1 monitor=0 mon_gain_cw=74 mon_gain_sb=72 mon_pan_cw=50 mon_pan_sb=50 tune=0 met_in_rx=0 hwalc_enabled=0 inhibit=0 speech_processor_enable=1 speech_processor_level=0 show_tx_in_waterfall=1 mon_available=1

As you can see there is only the monitor property but the sb_monitor property is missing, so I can't get the initial monitor button status. I had to switch to USB or any other phone mode to get the sb_monitor property and get the button status.
Below there is the second status message I receive when I switch to USB and here I can finally find the sb_monitor value.

S906A7230|transmit mic_level=34 mic_selection=MIC mic_boost=1 mic_bias=0 mic_acc=0 compander=1 compander_level=70 dax=0 sb_monitor=0 mon_gain_cw=74 mon_gain_sb=72 mon_pan_cw=50 mon_pan_sb=50 met_in_rx=0 show_tx_in_waterfall=1 mon_available=1

I am wondering if there is another way to get the sb_monitor property or if it is a missing property that should be in every transmit status message.

Thank you very much and 73'
Enzo
iw7dmh

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good find.  This is actually a bug in that status message.  Today it will always return monitor=0.  It really should refer to sb_monitor.  We will get this corrected in a future release.  Thanks for pointing this out.  (#2013)

Side note: There are several different versions of the transmit status message depending on the context and not all of them are guaranteed to include the sb_monitor token.
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes, I am aware of it, and my code take it into account.
    Thank you very much for your help and thank a lot for the more frequent SSDR releases.
    Today I verified that every bug I got in the previous version has been fixed with 1.4.11.

You are a great team. :)

73' Enzo
    iw7dmh

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.