Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

the image froozen and the sound mut. Appear the message: The connection with the radio was lost.

I have flex 6500 and install Smart SDR 1.4.3. : when changing band ( for ex 40 to 20 meters) the image froozen and the sound mut. Appear the message: The connection with the radio was lost. why?

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Is your network connection wireless?  
    Is the network monitor in the bottom right hand corner changing from green to some other color?
  • GONCALO CURVO DA SILVA
    edited March 2017
    I have Notebook i3, windows 7 and no problems  with Smart SDR 1.4.0

Yes wireless.
    the network monitor no changing color
    Thank you.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    If you are getting disconnect messages, connection lost to radio, this indicates that the laptop is dropping keep alive packets for more than 15 seconds or that the radio firmware is crashing. You have have something corrupted in the the internal database that is causing the firmware to crash on band changes.

I recommend that you do the following.

1.) Power off the radio
    2.) remove the DC power cable for 15-30 seconds.
    3.) Reconnect the power cable
    4.) Press and hold the OK button
    5.) Momentarily press and release the power button while still pressing the OK button.
    6.) When the display counts down to "0" and the power LED turns white, release the OK button.
    7.) The radio should power up normally.
    8.) Start SmartSDR.  Slice A will be on 20m (14.100)

Change to a different band.  Does SmartSDR still freeze and lose connection?
  • GONCALO CURVO DA SILVA
    edited October 2015
    Dear  Tim
    Unhappily negative. 
    I made complete  uninstall and install Version 1.40 
    No problems for the moment.
    Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.