Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 with SSDR 1.4 Shuts down on transmit with large error message.

Paul W5PF
Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After installing SSDR 1.4 all was  working well. After leaving the radio and computer run overnight SSDR shuts down any time I try to transmit. This only occurs using version 1.4. I downgraded to 1.3.8 and it is working. I re installed 1.4 and the shut down problem continues.

I am using a 6500 and running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Here is the error message. I thought I saw a similar problem posted right after 1.4 came out but I can't find it.

I'm not sure what to try next.

Thanks,

Paul W5PF

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Did you do a power-off shut-down followed by a Persistence Reset?  (Press & Hold the 'OK' button for 5 seconds while powering up the rig)  Be sure to export your profiles before you do this, so you can restore them....

If that doesn't fix it, be sure to remove CAT, and DAX when you uninstall and reload the SSDR package.  there is also a vile called VSP-something that may also need to be removed before reinstallation.  (I am away from the shack at the moment and can't look it up) 

Beyond that, it might be "Help Desk Time."  They will get you sorted out.

Ken - NM9P

• Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I believe this is the Hardware ALC issue noted before. 

If you disable the "Hardware ALC" checkbox under "Settings->Radio Setup->Transmit Tab" I think this will fix it in the meantime. 

We have fixed this in the next version of SmartSDR.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Definitely do a hardware reboot on the radio but I agree this looks like the ALC hardware bug. Turn off ALC if you have it on and that is the short term fix until the new patch.

• Paul W5PF
    Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the replies.

I upgraded from 1.3.8 to 1.4 and disabled the hardware ALC. I have not had the problem re occur. I will just have to be careful not to overdrive my amp. I am using DDutil to control the 6500 power out.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

Paul W5PF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.