Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Typo in panadapter.cs (flexlib)

rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR API
Found a typo, I think RaisePropertyChanged should be RFGainStep instead of RFGainHigh  in the snippet below:
private double _rf_gain_step;          public double RFGainStep          {              get { return _rf_gain_step; }              set              {                  if (_rf_gain_step != value)                  {                      _rf_gain_step = value;                      RaisePropertyChanged("RFGainHigh");                  }              }          }  

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    It is a typo.  Good catch!  We'll get it fixed.  Thanks.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    For reference, this is issue #1821.
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    <total aside>
    Can I just chime-in with some unsolicited advice? These names of the properties (the argument to RaisePropertyChanged) would ideally be constants, and not require the dev to type-in a string literal at each invocation. Eliminates any chance of typos making it into the released code.  Also, it they were scoped correctly, the consumer of the API could use the same constants when consuming the events.

Sorry, it's the dev manager in me...
    </total aside>
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited February 2020
    I agree with you and had the same concerns when we started using the ObservableObject class (which uses the INotifyProperty interface).  This is the industry standard for binding WPF GUI components to C# libraries (see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.componentmodel.inotifypropertychanged%28v=vs.110%29....).  Aside from the string issue, it has really worked pretty well.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    As someone not familiar with dot net programming and C sharp, why not use a string constant and refactor the constants into a header file?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited February 2017
    Again, the INotifyProperty interface which uses the string based propertyName variables is the industry standard way of binding WPF GUI components to C# libraries -- especially if using the Model View ViewModel (MVVM) framework.  I, personally, would rather take my licks with the standard that thousands of other developers are using rather than trying to roll my own and not have the support and documentation of millions of lines of code from which others have already learned.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.