Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profiles/Memories - when to use each.

We, the Community,  have talked about 'Profiles' and then talked about 'Memories' but I wonder why FRS gave us both. It seems to me that they might be combined into 1 storage area.  
   It would be interesting to hear some thoughts on that idea.  

I also have a question; Is it possible to backup the 'Memories' data?  I didn't see any reference to that procedure in the manual.

Tom W4TMW

Answers

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You can perform a backup of the memory data by going to the Profile menu, then select "Import/Export Profiles" and be sure to select "Memory" on the export tab.  Click the "Export" button and select a location on your hard drive to save it.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019

PROFILES:
    I have several profile setup on my 6700.  An example of one would be "40m Nets".  This profile has 4 different slices defined across the 40m band.  They are nets or frequencies that I tend to hang out on on a regular basis.  I also have other profiles that have 4 different panadapters and all 8 slices defined.  This includes a few frequencies on the 2 and 6 meter bands.  I tend to use this profile to watch for band openings. 

MEMORIES:
    Say I have my 40m Nets profile up and running and I want to hop onto 20 meters but don't want to loose my 4 slices I currently have up and running on 40m.  I open a panadapter, select 20 meters, open a slice and make it active.  Then I go into my memories and select what ever frequency I want to listen to.  I can click on any frequency in my memory list.  Works great and doesn't clobber my "40m Nets" profile I also have running.

Hope that helps!

• Tom Warren
    Tom Warren Member
    edited March 2015
    Robbie,
    I've taken note of that and thanks for the explanation.....so we have to go to 'Profile' menu to save 'Memory'....interesting.  Tom W4TMW
  • Tom Warren
    Tom Warren Member
    edited March 2015
    Norm,

After I set up some data in 'Memories' and started using it, it just seemed to me that I could use "Memories' for everything and have more room to add descriptions as an added benefit and discard the use of 'Profiles'. But your scenario is interesting, thanks.  Tom W4TMW 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.