Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Marking QSOs using TNF

WBB
WBB Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

See photo, I mark QSOs that I have worked on the band with TNFs... ?is there another flex radio  method to do this, currently or being planned by Flex? (not by using other 3rd party programs or logs).

This shows me what freqs I worked; so when I am looking for a new QSO, I look where the frequency is not marked with TNFs...

To be a great contest radio, I would be NICE to be able to mark frequencies that u work, also with text such as who you worked on the freq... anyway

That's my comment

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Most contest loggers such as N1MM and Writelog ,for example, will tell you the same information either via their Bandmaps or indicate a DUPE when you enter the call in the callsign field.    Marking the actual frequency would not be as useful in a Contest situation as the Band is so fluid with new contest stations coming and going on those same frequencies over a period of time.  It would take more time to manage such a situation with makers than its worth if you re seriously into contesting. 

Regards,   Larry  K1UO

• N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I agree being able to annotate the pan adapter would be handy, perhaps as part of a frequency memory feature.
  • W4YXU
    W4YXU Member
    edited June 2020
    A thought (dangerous - I know!) :

Add an option to create tine "notch" at the dial frequency and with zero attenuation.  In other words - call it a "marker"!

Jim
    W4YXU
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    As you are aware, the interference is not always on the same spot.  During a major contest very few con testers camp out for days on the same spot.

Now, if you have a constant noise around your location; then you would set it in your area to be null out.  

Your suggestions to mark that frequency would be unessential for most users.   
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Have markers as an option and give people the choice.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I agree. n1mm+ does a great job of tracking previous qso's. I would fIMD it more helpful to mark good multipliers that have not been worked.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You can set TNF notches up , but have the master TNF control turned off and it has the same effect. But you don't get any notched if you want them....
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

that's what the Bandmap keeps track of in a nice color coded scheme Ken.

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Glad to see you back. 
    Now we can continue agree to disagree.
    Yes, give it as an options on the pay version.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I like this idea and will use it.  Not running a contest logger (only fldigi) so this concept works for me.  
    Thanks!

k3Tim
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the welcome back. I've got a good 1.5 months until I get back to work so lots of free time on my hands, hi hi.

Warmest 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.