Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to set up Pixel RF PRO-1B receive loop with Flex-6700 and KPA500 amp

Mike_N1MD
Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
Santa came early and left a Pixel receive antenna under the tree. I have become disoriented while trying to make the connections to the antenna and Power Inserter to my Flex-6700 and amplifier. I think I want to put the receive antenna on RX-B with my transmit on ANT-A. The relay cables from the power inserter to radio and amp have particularly confused me.

Anyone with experience setting this up, please chime in.

Thanks!

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

N9CHM on eHam raved abut using two of these antennas on the 6500. Perhaps you might contact him on QRZ.com to discuss how he set it up.

Jim, K6QE

• Army Curtis
    Army Curtis Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hi Jim.

I have much the same setup as you do, and connected the Pixel Loop to RX-B as you suggested. Doing that allows you to use the Diversity feature of the 6700, which is very slick indeed. I have not bothered to hook up the relay input on the Pixel Loop power box to disable the loop during transmit. The loop is about 350 feet away from the transmit antenna, and even running 1500 watts does not bother the loop. If you really think you need to enable that, just run a cable from TX2 to the Loop power box, assuming you are using TX1 to key your amp.

That's a great setup you have. Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

73, Army AE5P

• Army Curtis
    Army Curtis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Whoops, that was intended for Mike. Someday I'll learn to pay closer attention, maybe.

73, Army

• Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Army, thanks! Just what the doctor ordered (pun intended)!
    Merry Christmas to you as well (and Jim).
    Mike N1MD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.