Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

diversity receive, can and how do we use a rx only antenna

John Molenda
John Molenda Member
edited October 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    By its very definition, you need two fully independent RF signal paths to do any type of diversity reception techniques, so if you only have a single antenna, diversity reception is not possible.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    John
    Here is an example of diversity on my 6700 with a yagi and a receive only antenna.    

- Slice A is using ANT 1 which is a 2el yagi for 40M.  This is the transmit antenna.  (see second picture below)

- When I clicked DIV on the DSP tab to activate diversity,  slice B was automatically created and slaved to Slice A.  (see second picture below)

- Slice B is set up to use RX B for the antenna which is my K9AY loop (a  receive only antenna).  You can click on the RX B tag to select a different antenna if you wish. 

If you look at the audio TAB in the picture below,  you will see:

- Slice A is automatically set for the LEFT channel

- Slice B is automatically set for the RIGHT channel

- Note: if you disable DIV Slice B will be deleted automatically and the audio slider for Slice A will be returned to the center setting.

I hope this is helpful.....

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• John Molenda
    John Molenda Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks Al and Tim , I am just reading your answers today Yeah a little busy .  John kb2huk

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.