Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DECODING CW

[Deleted User]
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Was reading about Smart SDR and it says it has the ability to decode all the CW on a band.

How do you do this.

What distinguishes SmartSDR is the simplification of these advanced concepts into an elegant graphical user interface that places the operator in complete control.  Want to create an additional Panadapter to watch for possible 10m band openings?  No problem, simply click to add the Panadapter and SmartSDR directs everything from the advanced signal processing software down to the filters in the SCU to form an optimized receiver.  Want to decode all of the CW signals on 40m while working DX on 20m?  It’s just a few clicks away

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Steven, where are you reading this?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    SmartSDR doesn't decode any mode natively. CW Skimmer integrates nicely using the 6000 Series' I/Q output, though.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Without seeing the reference, its hard to guess what the writer was saying BUT it could be referencing SDR Bridge which will control up to 4 instances of CW Skimmer, along with configuration, etc. It is very simple to use and works very well.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Yes its only a few clicks away if you use CW Skimmer and SDRBridge or DDUTIL
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    The wording is a bit suggestive however. I suspect that someone will see how to implant a morse decoder using the new WaveForm programming interface sometime in the future but until then, its SDR Bridge + Skimmer.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I can't decode all of 40 meters, but I can hear 15 meter CW through the germanium filling in my back molar.  I don't even need my Flex for that.
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Steven - thanks for pointing this out.  As several folks mentioned, which was the intent of the sentence, CW decode is seamlessly accomplished by the use of CWSkimmer with the SmartSDR enabled API program SDR-Bridge.  We didn't do a very good job articulating that message.  We have correct that now on the web site.  Sorry for the confusion.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    No problem . . . Thought I missed something in the operation here.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.