Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 3000 PA

Options
Keith Morrison
Keith Morrison Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios

Hi all finally got my Flex-3000 up and running on DM-780, I only intend to use my radio for digital modes RTTY, PSK-31 and the likes.

Just wondering if the PA in these radio's are good enough to transmit full duty cycles for long periods, not constant but you know what I mean send a macro and then wait for a reply and so on.

I run a max of 30-40 watts in the digital modes.

any info would be good thanks

Keith M1VHT

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It is fine to run full duty at a 100W, The fan will speed up as it needs to. The amp is protected from over temp anyway. Have fun, that's a great radio.
  • Keith Morrison
    Keith Morrison Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Excellent to hear thank you for your reply.

73 Keith

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    As per the FLEX-3000 specifications, the PA in the FLEX-3000 is a 100w nominal class AB full duty cycle RF power amp operating on the 160-6m ham bands. Operating full duty cycle high power digital modes, like RTTY should present no problem with the FLEX-3000.  The fans will ramp up to cool the PA heat sink as necessary.
  • Keith Morrison
    Keith Morrison Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Thank you

73 Keith

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.