Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX UI anomaly

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
The usual action that occurs when clicking or double-clicking on an icon in the status tray is that the main window if the application opens. If the main windows does not (that is very rare) at least something does.

No so with DAX. All that happens is that an icon appears in the task bar - no window opens and I feel that it should.

Using Win 7 x64 and SSDR 1.3.8.

Comments

• James Whiteway
    edited December 2018
    I just tried it on my Win Vista machine, DAX control panel popped right up. Not sure why it would not work for you. I don't have SSDR installed on my Win7 setup, so I cannot test it there.
    Good luck.
    james
    WD5GWY

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Guy, it does the same thing with me.  Running Win7 ultimate.
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Guy,
    I'm running win 7 Home Premium (Win 32/64) -- SSDR 1.3.8

When SSdr boots up, I get a small icon in the tray on the bottom far right. Right clicking on the small icon brings a small text box with the following: Show Control Panel and Exit. Left clicking on Show Control Panel brings up the Dax Panel and a larger icon in the left portion of the tray. If I minimize the panel and then left click the large icon, the panel reappears. If I close the panel, it goes away and the large icon goes away also. I have to go back to the small icon to get the panel back. hope this helps.

Roy
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Vista and 7 are very different beasts. I run both.

Thanks for your input and have a nice weekend.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Roy,

I know all that you said, but normal windows convention is that a window opens when an icon is double-clicked in the status tray. DAX is the only program that does something as useless as place an icon in the taskbar ;-).
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Phew, nice to know it is not just me, hi hi.
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Understood Guy. Have a great weekend.

Roy
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Guy Thanks for posting my primary **** with DAX Tiny Uselss Icon in Notification panel that requires RIGHT CLICK to activate control panel Almost impossible to activate remoting

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.